1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contact Sync across Android phones

I have just bought a Moto G (although this question is a generic Android one.)

I am considering buying a second for my wife. We have not had smartphones before, but both of us use Chrome and I have a Chromebook.

What is the best policy for keeping identical Contacts on the phones?

I am guessing both Moto G's could be registered to my Google account. My wife would have access to all the paid for Apps I have and all contacts would be there immediately for her. The phones would only differ in the mobile phone number attached to them. We use SIP phones in the house and I have CSipSimple on my Moto G - my wife's phone would add to the VOIP options.

BUT

I note CardDav sync is now possible

What are the merits of registering my wife's phone to her own Google account and using CardDav to sync contacts? The two accounts are delegated to each other anyway and all mailboxes are visible to both of us.

Default Re: Contact Sync across Android phones

You could consider having both of your Google accounts contain the same contacts. For example, you could export your contacts from your Google account, then import them into your wife's. When the phone sync with their respective accounts, they should have those contacts in common.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You could consider having both of your Google accounts contain the same contacts. For example, you could export your contacts from your Google account, then import them into your wife's. When the phone sync with their respective accounts, they should have those contacts in common.
    That's easy. That I have already done. Keeping them in sync then remains a manual operation, which is not ideal.

Yeah--you'd have to enter new contacts into both Gmail accounts.

I haven't tried this, but couldn't you add both Google accounts into one Android phone and let them both sync?

I guess using one account is more economical if you want to save money for not having to but apps or contracts twice.

sent via tapatalk