Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By garublador
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help to update

hi. my kid got a tablet pc android. there some apps that cant be used. i have to update it but when i go to update it says there is no update. the android says its ver 4.0.4 and kernel version 3.0.8+ is there a way i can update all this

Default Re: need help to update

Welcome to Android Central! What kind of tablet is it? If it says the system is up to date, then there is no official update available. Most cheaper devices will not get much in terms of system updates, so unless you're willing to root the device (which is like jailbreaking an iPhone, and is for more advanced users), you're stuck with what the device came with.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ya its a cheaper tablet. i got it from ravetablets. i dont mind to root the device. i have some knowlege with iphones but never on a tablet. can you help me with this

I won't be able to help, since I know little about rooting. But if you tell us what the brand and model number of the tablet is, someone might be able to help. Check the model number in Settings/About Tablet.

Posted via Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Also, there will need to be active development for that tablet to get it updated to a newer version of Android. Let's see what brand/model number it is an if there is active development for it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

You can't update the OS, but if you have Google PlayStore installed it should be able to update any apps you have installed to the latest version if available.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Also, there will need to be active development for that tablet to get it updated to a newer version of Android.
    To elaborate a little, each different device actually has a custom made version of Android on it to work with the specific hardware. So if you want to update your tablet and there isn't an official update for it you'll have to find and OS that someone else has made specifically for your tablet and trust that it actually works OK.
    srkmagnus likes this.