Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help stop Mobogenie

I wondered if you guys had any sway in getting these automatic downloads from mobogenie stopped. Can you report them for example? My automatic dl is set to off so that clearly doesn't stop them. It is intrusive spam and quite frankly is becoming abusive.

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Help stop Mobogenie

Quote Originally Posted by buryman View Post
    I wondered if you guys had any sway in getting these automatic downloads from mobogenie stopped. Can you report them for example? My automatic dl is set to off so that clearly doesn't stop them. It is intrusive spam and quite frankly is becoming abusive.
    What exactly is Mobogenie? If it's automatically downloading when you asked it not to then something is wrong and you should check to see of others are having a similar issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    B. Diddy likes this.

Global Posts
    20,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by buryman View Post
    I would email them and uninstall the app. I just took a peek at them on Play, and they say it is unintentional, but I don't really buy that.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    B. Diddy likes this.

What are the downloads? When you say you turned off automatic downloads, do you mean Automatic Updates in Google Play? Because that's only for updates to the app version. If Mobogenie's actual functioning requires it to download information from the web, then you probably can't turn that off. If the downloads are for ads, then perhaps there's a way to get rid of them by paying for a premium version (if you want to go that far).

Exclamation Re: Help stop Mobogenie

I'm having similar problem. Mobogenie would automatically start downloading 7 out of 10 times that I'm surfing the net. There are no windows asking for permission or something. I just see it downloading on my notification bar and it finishes so fast. I'm using Note 3 and I've searched the settings and did all that I could. Even the automatic download is off. It's getting annoying and truthfully, it scares me especially since I have all this personal information synced with Samsung for anti-theft (though I never put any of my finance acct). Please help stop this application. Remove from Google Play if needed.

Edit:

Okay, so maybe not remove from Google Play permanently. I just saw their post saying that it's unintentional and they're trying to fix it. So maybe temporarily until they finish fixing and no auto download happens.

Anyway, please. This is getting worrisome.

Hi, I came across with the same issue with mobo genie last month. The trick they used was to use the same icon for downloads as their downloader. To remove this:

1. Make sure you have uninstalled mobo genine market.
    2. Go to App, and swipe until you see "All" you will see 2 Downloads icon there.
    3. The Downloads with no size is the legit one. Keep it, if you long press and select App info you will see that it's something related to your firmware.
    4. The 2nd Downloads icon is the culprit, with a version of 2.02xx. Long press it, select App info then uninstall.

Hope this helps.

tsizwiz

Hey Guys,
    I searched about it and I found a solution.
    This may be helpful. For Android, Go to Settings then Accounts & Sync (or for some devices Privacy and Accounts)
    The select the google account you want to and then go to 'Ads' settings there Reset the Advertising ID also go to Ads Setting abd you will be directed to Googles Ads Manager and Opt out of Everything you see. There you go, you won't se any annoying popups and downloads from mobogenie or other such apps anymore.
    This helped for me.