Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Haalcyon
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy My android phone is completely dead & not showing anything on screen

My android phone is dead. It is not starting up & not charging while charger & data cable are OK.

Phone was not in use for 20-25 days & when try to on it, it couldn't start. I try to charge it but it was not showing anything(usual battery symbol). I left it on charging for 5-6 hours & again try to on it but it couldn't start.
    It is not showing anything like welcome screen. I tried power button+vol. up/down key but nothing happened.
    Now it is completely dead & its warranty period has been over.
    I took it to local repairer (not confirm whether had sufficient knowledge of android phones or not) he examined it said "its hardware is OK problem may be of of software." Then he went to another person. He tried to install its software (I think OS). According to him files were written but 2 files were creating problem in writing.

Please help what to do.
    Phone details are:
    Manufacturer- Karbonn
    Model - A9+
    OS - Ice Cream Sandwitch
    Processor - 1.2 GHz dual core (Snapdragon S4)

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: My android phone is completely dead & not showing anything on screen

Welcomet to Android Central!

While a deep discharge can harm the battery I would certainly try holding the power button for 20-30 seconds to see if the phone twitches or resuscitates.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My android phone is completely dead & not showing anything on screen

I tried for 20-30 sec but nothing is happening. It is completely dead! battery is not the problem.

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Battery may indeed be the problem. If the phone is so deeply discharged that there is not enough power to engage the charging circuits you could be in trouble. It may require a warranty repair to resuscitate.
    Live long and prosper.

srkmagnus and B. Diddy like this.

I'm not too familiar with those phones--is it easy to replace the battery? If so, that should definitely be one of your first steps.

And it isn't clear to me--was the repair person actually able to power on the phone while working on it?

Posted via Android Central App
    srkmagnus likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Battery is charging by universal charger & reaching to sufficient voltage level (measured by multimeter). Could you suggest me alternate ways to power up phone like connecting through PC or likethat?
    Also, As I've mentioned earlier warranty period has been over. Now what are the alternates?

Global Posts
    6,219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by kusheel View Post
    Battery is charging by universal charger & reaching to sufficient voltage level (measured by multimeter). Could you suggest me alternate ways to power up phone like connecting through PC or likethat?
    Also, As I've mentioned earlier warranty period has been over. Now what are the alternates?
    Even if the warranty period is over you should still be able to have the phone repaired, it just won't be for free at the OEM's cost. You'll have to decide if the cost associated with getting it repaired is justified.

g2
    Live long and prosper.