ZTE Majesty from Straight Talk

Josh Wilson4

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
hi

I am pulling my hair out trying to connect my ZTE Majesty to my laptop, via USB or bluetooth. im running windows 7 and android 4.1., via bluetooth the phone shows up in the in the devices and printers manager but with a "!" that is yellow. via USB i get nothing. i am disabled and hoping to text from my laptop. can anyone help?

thanks
Josh

Josh Wilson4

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
i finally got the yellow "!" to go away i can transfer pictures. go to try SMS Text Messaging ↔PC Texting. if that is in fact a block, is there to remove it? im new to androids but i am very knowledgeable when it come to PCs.

astrosfreak

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my ZTE Majesty on straight talk. On my older phone I was able to tether via usb using pdanet, but it wont work on the ZTE. Has to be some way to tether without rooting. This sux. Smh. Anyone know of an app that will work?

hi

I am pulling my hair out trying to connect my ZTE Majesty to my laptop, via USB or bluetooth. im running windows 7 and android 4.1., via bluetooth the phone shows up in the in the devices and printers manager but with a "!" that is yellow. via USB i get nothing. i am disabled and hoping to text from my laptop. can anyone help?

thanks
Josh

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
how do I block a number from calling me? I have a samsung majesty prepay phone.

Welcome to Android Central! From what I can tell on the web, Straight Talk doesn't have its own call blocking feature. However, a workaround would be to save that number as a contact on your phone, then select that contact in your People app, tap the Menu button, and then check "All calls to voicemail." Different phones may or may not have this feature, and it might be in a slightly different menu location, so search around if you don't find it on the first try.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
PC Texting. if that is in fact a block, is there to remove it? im new to androids but i am very knowledgeable when it come to PCs.
It has almost nothing to do with Android or PCs. A packet from a tethered device can be distinguished from a packet from the phone. They just "drop those packets on the floor". SMS usually works, though, since there's so little data in an SMS packet that they usually can't tell it's coming from a different device. (SMS is the old pocket pager protocol - number the message is going to and 160 characters max of message. Not much room in there for much else.)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
i can transfer pictures. go to try SMS Text Messaging ↔PC Texting. if that is in fact a block, is there to remove it?
Try MyPhoneExplorer (free in the Play store). You can use your PC's keyboard as the input device for the phone, and you can put the phone's screen on your PC screen. Pretty much what you need. You'd still be using the phone's SMS app, but on the computer. (It may also be possible, once connected, to send an SMS from the app (on the PC) - I've never tried it, but I seem to recall seeing something about it in one of the menus. Either way you'll be using your keyboard, mouse and PC screen to send SMSs.

Janee Winland

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I need help and fast please! I have the ZTE Majesty Android. And need to know how to transfer photos from the Majesty to my laptop via USB. I cannot even find my device showing on the laptop's computer area in order to open the folder on the Majesty I need to get the photos from! Can someone please tell me how to do this step-by-step? I just need to transfer photos from the phone to my laptop. Which is a Toshiba with Windows 8. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt