- 26 Posts
Losing quality while setting wallpaper.
I've posted this before but didn't get the help I was expecting. Someone said to use Nova Launcher, which helps a little, I am able to set Home Wallpaper without the picture losing quality. However, I still can't set LockScreen Wallpaper without risking quality in the picture.
Why does this happen? Why the hell can't I enjoy the 100% good quality HD wallpapers that I download? Every time I set one it instantly loses quality.
- 12-31-2013, 08:47 PM #2
- 207 Posts
Re: Losing quality while setting wallpaper.
There always seems to be a certain degree of quality loss.
The best solution I found was add thick color-matched "sidebars" on either sides of the desired wallpapers so that when the system-imposed crop comes, I at least get all of the the image I want. A good example of the counter-cropping I use can be seen in my AC avatar; To get just the rectangular screenshot of my phone to show, I sample the blueish-white that is AC's background color, and added two wide bars of that same color, one on either side of my screenshot, to make it into the "required" square shape, that way I did not have to lose the top and bottom of the rectangle to the default cropping forced by the AC software back-end, which essentially does the same as what our phones force us to do...
Hope this helps."All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
- The Ascent of man.
- By shinydiscopants in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 12-29-2013, 02:18 AM
- By King Mustard in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 08:45 PM
- By tcapote in forum Moto XReplies: 4Last Post: 12-28-2013, 06:33 PM
- By vadim2200 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 12-28-2013, 10:04 AM
- By Hadi kh1 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 12-28-2013, 01:28 AM