1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switched from iphone and not receiving group texts

So I recently switched from an iphone 4s to a Droid Maxx. Soon after switching over I learned that I was not receiving any texts messages from iphone users. After calling apple and removing my imessage certificate I started receiving INDIVIDUAL text messages from iphone users; however, when I am in a group message with other iphone users it continues to try and send messages to me as imessages. My friends have tried deleting my contact info on their phone along with all text message threads with me in it, but nothing has worked so far. This is realllly frustrating and kinda apple's fault but they are no help. Please help if anybody has found a way to fix this.

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Switched from iphone and not receiving group texts

Quote Originally Posted by maxxmitch14 View Post
    So I recently switched from an iphone 4s to a Droid Maxx. Soon after switching over I learned that I was not receiving any texts messages from iphone users. After calling apple and removing my imessage certificate I started receiving INDIVIDUAL text messages from iphone users; however, when I am in a group message with other iphone users it continues to try and send messages to me as imessages. My friends have tried deleting my contact info on their phone along with all text message threads with me in it, but nothing has worked so far. This is realllly frustrating and kinda apple's fault but they are no help. Please help if anybody has found a way to fix this.
    I have only been on Android, but I have seen many threads about this and the common solution is all your contacts to change from iMessage to SMS, or something like that...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Oh, by the way...Welcome to the forums!!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

I've tried to group message with my iPhone using family and it seemed to work for a while then just crapped out! I want to say that since you must be on mobile data to mms that when I'm sy home in Wi-Fi is when the issued arise! We've since moved on to just using groupme!

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you! But an iphone can't turn off iMessage just for one contact. They would have to leave it off for good on their phones, I think. Can't believe that apple hasn't figured out an easy way to fix this

Global Posts
    13,894 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thank you! But an iphone can't turn off iMessage just for one contact. They would have to leave it off for good on their phones, I think. Can't believe that apple hasn't figured out an easy way to fix this
    Oh...ok. Bummer it is such a pain to switch...

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Oh...ok. Bummer it is such a pain to switch...

yes me too. i may have to switch to groupme like suggested above for groups. just wished there was a way to have them in either hangouts or the stock messaging program.

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Yeah, it's been a known problem to Apple for a long time, but fixing it doesn't put money in their pockets, so ...

The usual fix is to use your iPhone to delist that phone with iMessage. Sometimes even that doesn't work flawlessly.