1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amicroe touchtab II help

This christmas i bought 2 amicroe touchtab II 7" for the kids, i also bought a pair of 16gb SD cards so they had extra storage for apps etc...
    The only problem is after installing apps they're all being stored in the 'internal memory', when i select the app and move it to 'SD card' It gets moved to a secondary internal storage and isn't using the External SD at all.
    It's stock rooted so i've tried multiple apps like lucky patcher, android tuner etc.. After following all the guides i can find nothing seems to work and the External SD card is still untouched and i can only store music/videos on it via USB link to PC.

specs: Android 4.0.4
    1.2gz processor
    400mhz GPU
    512 ram
    4gb onboard memory (although its split into two parts under 'storage' settings, 1.37gb, 1.15gb) One is internal memory the other is called 'sd card' by default.

TL;DR Can't move applications to external SD.

EDIT: Fixed, if anyone else is having the same problem and comes across this thread use this guide:

I'm new to the forums if i've posted this in the wrong section i apologize.
    Last edited by Dicex; 12-29-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Global Posts
    13,972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Amicroe touchtab II help

Quote Originally Posted by Dicex View Post
    This christmas i bought 2 amicroe touchtab II 7" for the kids, i also bought a pair of 16gb SD cards so they had extra storage for apps etc...
    The only problem is after installing apps they're all being stored in the 'internal memory', when i select the app and move it to 'SD card' It gets moved to a secondary internal storage and isn't using the External SD at all.
    It's stock rooted so i've tried multiple apps like lucky patcher, android tuner etc.. After following all the guides i can find nothing seems to work and the External SD card is still untouched and i can only store music/videos on it via USB link to PC.

specs: Android 4.0.4
    1.2gz processor
    400mhz GPU
    512 ram
    4gb onboard memory (although its split into two parts under 'storage' settings, 1.37gb, 1.15gb) One is internal memory the other is called 'sd card' by default.

TL;DR Can't move applications to external SD.

I'm new to the forums if i've posted this in the wrong section i apologize.
    Welcome to the forums.
    First, this section is fine as there is no forums section for this kind of tablet.
    Unfortunately, Moving apps to the SD card is no longer supported in Android 4.0+. Your partitioned internal is sectioned off, one for apps, and one for general user data, (files, downloads, etc.). Individual app developers have to support the moving of apps to the SD card, and many of them no longer do it.
    Moving the apps may be possible, I think you want to search for Apps to SD in Play, but be advised, having this does not guarantee you can move data.
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 12-29-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Dicex 

ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Link2SD works. But not the entire app is moved. Parts of it have to remain in internal memory, and the app will usually store its data in internal memory. (It's like a Windows PC - you install a program to the D drive, but it still uses some space on the C drive.)

Using a good backup app helps. You back up an app you're not likely to be using regularly (to the SD card), then clear its data and cache and uninstall it. When you need it again, you can restore it with the backup program. (That also allows you to keep a backup of the apps on your computer, in case you have to replace a tablet. Just copy the backup app's backup folder from the SD card to the computer.)
    Thanked by:
    Dicex 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I followed the following guide:
    I partitioned the external SD's and i think its the closest i can get to having it used as extra memory, thank you Golfdriver97 and Rukbat for your help i appreciate it.

Global Posts
    13,972 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Dicex View Post
    I followed the following guide:
    I partitioned the external SD's and i think its the closest i can get to having it used as extra memory, thank you Golfdriver97 and Rukbat for your help i appreciate it.
    Glad you found something to work out. See you around the forums.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here