1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Artist name coming up with (????) after it:- I can't remove it!

My phone is Samsung Galaxy Pocket s5300/
    On my phone, the artist's name is coming up as this: Savage Garden (????).
    It annoys me. I am unable to get rid of the (????) section, no matter what tagging device I have used. Is there anyway to remove the (????) section, or am I stuck with it for life? I downloaded one of their songs off Simplemp3, now the (????) section seems to be stuck there, even when I deleted the suspected song. I've tried plugging the phone up to Kies, deleting the other album that HASN'T played up ever before and re-downloading it and I still have the same problem. The worst thing is, when I go to edit the artist name, the (????) part doesn't even show up! I don't want to have to get rid of all of Savage Garden's songs and never put them back on the phone again. Help!

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Artist name coming up with (????) after it:- I can't remove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Erin_lovesmusic View Post
    My phone is Samsung Galaxy Pocket s5300/
    On my phone, the artist's name is coming up as this: Savage Garden (????).
    It annoys me. I am unable to get rid of the (????) section, no matter what tagging device I have used. Is there anyway to remove the (????) section, or am I stuck with it for life? I downloaded one of their songs off Simplemp3, now the (????) section seems to be stuck there, even when I deleted the suspected song. I've tried plugging the phone up to Kies, deleting the other album that HASN'T played up ever before and re-downloading it and I still have the same problem. The worst thing is, when I go to edit the artist name, the (????) part doesn't even show up! I don't want to have to get rid of all of Savage Garden's songs and never put them back on the phone again. Help!
    I would look at the properties of the songs on the PC, see if anything is out of the ordinary there.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here