Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need help finding stock rom please.

Hey guys i have a GS3 on Verizon. It's currently rooted on LiquidSmooth v2.8. My power button is jacked so i need to return it to "stock" to send it in to get a new one. I cannot seem to find a stock rom that will work anywhere. I tried a link from Sammobile but the one i got wont flash. It just says cannot open file, operation aborted. I tried googling it and searching everywhere but everything is either shut down, looks sketchy, doesn't work, or doesn't tell me which one i need.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a link that they know for sure works, thatd be dandy.

Thanks in advance,
    Zach

Global Posts
    13,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Need help finding stock rom please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Fedt View Post
    Hey guys i have a GS3 on Verizon. It's currently rooted on LiquidSmooth v2.8. My power button is jacked so i need to return it to "stock" to send it in to get a new one. I cannot seem to find a stock rom that will work anywhere. I tried a link from Sammobile but the one i got wont flash. It just says cannot open file, operation aborted. I tried googling it and searching everywhere but everything is either shut down, looks sketchy, doesn't work, or doesn't tell me which one i need.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a link that they know for sure works, thatd be dandy.

Thanks in advance,
    Zach
    Try Samsung updates.com, but here is the catch. A lot of those sites used Mediafile as a server to host their files. That server voluntarily shut down, so now everyone is scrambling for ways to get replacement files up.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

The files on Sammobile are generally good. Try downloading it again. If that gets you the same error, notify the site admin. (You may have to create an account on their forum, I don't remember if they have a contact link.) I think they'd want to know that they have a bad file, and I'd think they'd replace it with a good one.

(Of course "good" and "current S3 firmware" are polar opposites, but ...)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

See the 4.0 ICS link in step 5 in this thread: