Text Message Question

Xraylady1021

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
When I receive a reply from a text, the message appears above my text instead of after. Can somebody help? Do I need an update? I have no clue! Thanks!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
When I receive a reply from a text, the message appears above my text instead of after. Can somebody help? Do I need an update? I have no clue! Thanks!

Actually what options do you have when you press the menu button on your text screen? It looks like 3 lines or 3 dots.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi! So if I've understood correctly you want the messages to appear in ascending order? (yours, theirs, yours, theirs....etc). If so, then personally I don't know of a workaround.

Each to their own, but if you're having a lengthy-ish text conversation with someone then you're going to be scrolling further and further down the screen to view each reply. There are third party apps available for non-threaded (conversational) text messaging where you will receive an individual text message for each reply rather than in one long conversational view.

If I'm on the right track then hope that's been some help - if not, then just ignore me!

Xraylady1021

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
mrsm: no options that will correct the order of the text. weird thing is that it only started doing this about 2 or 3 months ago. was normal order before.
sizzers: any idea what that app would be? i'm on the road alot, and it's a pain in the arse to have to scroll. (of course NOT while i'm driving, hehe)

Thank ya'll!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
mrsm: no options that will correct the order of the text. weird thing is that it only started doing this about 2 or 3 months ago. was normal order before.
sizzers: any idea what that app would be? i'm on the road alot, and it's a pain in the arse to have to scroll. (of course NOT while i'm driving, hehe)

Thank ya'll!

I looked in mine too, same thing. I wonder, if you tap on the top message, maybe they'll reverse order again?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thank ya'll!
What device do you have and are you using the stock messaging app that came with the device?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Thank ya'll!

No personal recommendations as I don't use non threaded messaging apps but here's a throw away one https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.pansi.msg&hl=en_GB&token=2SH-VMtO

If you do install a third party messaging app don't forget to turn off the notifications in your stock one otherwise you'll be getting double messages (one for each app).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary