Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By monsieurms
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need a clean straightforward to-do list app...

Nothing like any-do, I have failed to like that app. Gtasks was perfect, click on a line, there are the to-do's for that list. but they seem to have ads all the sudden (or maybe they always did and I didn't notice? I don't think so). Their premium version is $5, pass. Any recs for something simple like gtasks but either no ads or less than $2 for a no ad version?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Need a clean straightforward to-do list app...

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Nothing like any-do, I have failed to like that app. Gtasks was perfect, click on a line, there are the to-do's for that list. but they seem to have ads all the sudden (or maybe they always did and I didn't notice? I don't think so). Their premium version is $5, pass. Any recs for something simple like gtasks but either no ads or less than $2 for a no ad version?

I am very happy with GTO. It does sync with Google.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post

Take a look at B-Folders. I've been using it for a while and like it very much. It's password protected so I use it for saving passwords as well as shopping lists and the like. You can install it on several devices and they will Wi-Fi sync. I even bought the (quite expensive) desktop version for my PC. I do my major editing there and then sync to my phone and tablet. The device version is full featured and free.
    Thanked by:

The Google Keep app is very simple and looks nice. I also set reminders from Google Now.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Google Keep is a good, straightforward app for plus. Give that a try.

Edit: Keep also allows you to sync across multiple device and keeps thing pretty well organized and is simple to use. Other apps do the same, but for me, I'd prefer not to have another service. I'm already using Google so that works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by srkmagnus; 12-31-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Thanked by:

I recommend any.do or Google Keep.

Sent from my out-of-this-world Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:

Take a look at Business Tasks from the developer of Business Calendar.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Another vote for Google Keep!

To me, Google Keep is an interesting Evernote competitor. I've not played with it much because I'm already invested in Evernote, but it looks good. Both Evernote and Google Keep are certainly useable as to-do lists. Not sure what the OP wants, but as a simple app that has one function--sync tasks to Google and create a to-do list widget on your device's home screen (as well as your Google Calendar if you use it) in doing so--GTO does only that.
    Last edited by monsieurms; 01-02-2014 at 05:58 AM.
    srkmagnus likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks all, srry took me so long to get back.

Yeah, def. an ixnay on the AnyDo. I loved Gtasks because it was plain but clean. Looks like this:

Kinda even looked cleaner cuz i never used the dates, gosh, looks different, they def. changed it, but the cleaner the better. So maybe the GTO might fit the bill. It's not real modern looking but if nothing else exists I'll go for that one.

Oh, and I only need literally the lists. AND DO NOT WANT to sync with Google. Outside of my phone, and using their apps as stand alone only, I only want google for Gmail and G-Drive. Nothing else. Not even my contacts after they added my sisters photo to my phone in my contacts and even on my google play store page, ugh. (not a big fan of hers, lol).

Speaking of which, hopefully someone can help with this, I had Keep, too busy for my regular lists but i like it for other stuff. anyone know how where Keep is syncing to? I just re-downloaded it because I recently did a hard reset. and see it has my old lists, I do not actually want my anything but my emails to sync to google, i can't find where they're syncing my Keep stuff to so i can uncheck that or remove whatever is doing it. I tried to unsync everything except my email but clearly it's doing Keep as well, any recs for how to break that or where i can find what section they're even putting it in? Are they just storing it in a random cloud somewhere? I specifically clicked "do not sync my data" or whatever it was, and unchecked "back up my app data" upon my hard reset stages and yet the info is clearly put somewhere in a cloud. I know they "just trying to be helpful", but i'd also like to opt out of their 'put all your stuff on our cloud' helpfulness. lol. It's getting really annoying, I just want a smart phone, I don't want their services. ARRRGH. I'm okay with removing Keep if I have to, but I'd like to find where the link to storage is so I can turn it off. Or is it an all or nothing type of thing, sorta like, if it's google, it's synced period.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-03-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Settings > Accounts > Google > Keep. Also, Keep syncs to Google. So whenever you install the app to any device it pulls up all your previous entries. You can also log into drive.google. Com/keep to see your entries from PC.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Settings > Accounts > Google > Keep. Also, Keep syncs to Google. So whenever you install the app to any device it pulls up all your previous entries. You can also log into drive.google. Com/keep to see your entries from PC.

I went to settings, accounts, Google, but there was no keep section. Although I did see that I did correctly have the sync turned off. How do I get them to actually not sync?

Ah, Nev mind. I looked around after what you wrote and now see that keep is now basically a sync service and that its no longer really a regular app. I guess they just have a little glitch that prevents my do not sync, and do not back up info from working. This is starting to get to me, it's making it really hard to trust them.
    Last edited by paisley99; 01-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.

It's alphabetical, so for me, Keep is listed after Google+ Photos and before People Details.

Did you tap on your account?

Settings>Accounts>Google>********@gmail.com>Keep

Thanked by 2:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by kernmal View Post
    Did you tap on your account?

Settings>Accounts>Google>********@gmail.com>Keep

Ah, got it. Still shouldnt have synced though since I specifically had ' do not back up' in every possible place except for email and drive. But now it makes sense since its a drive-keep integration maybe since I do allow for drive sync it just takes keep stuff too. Or maybe there was a short window of opportunity between my settings and resets that I missed.

Thanks so much. Argh. I'll do some testing see I can get it to stop syncing.