Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsmumbles
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?

I have a Nexus 7 tablet and every few days I notice a few new apps on the device. I'm not sure if they're full apps or just simply icons to download apps or get more information. I have tried to avoid using them.
    I know previously I had a couple apps that were sending notifications to the notification system that I considered to be spam. After some research I found out how you can find out which apps are doing it and disable notifications from those apps so that took care of that. I find these new apps to be very annoying and would like to find out what is causing it and how I can turn it off or remove the offending app?
    Thanks!

Default Re: How do I find which app is adding apps to my tablet?

There's another way apps can be installed; Straight from Google.

If you left a computing device's browser logged-on to your Google account for the Playstore, apps can be installed from that browser.

You might want to check that possibility with family members or anyone possibly using a device with browser you've used for Google stuff.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

That's a little concerning if apps are being installed without your knowledge or consent. If someone else isn't doing it purposely or by accident (for example, by installing apps remotely using Google Play website, if they have access to your account, as mentioned above), then I'd be concerned that some app you installed a while ago might be a piece of malware. Can you post some screenshots indicating which apps are the unwanted ones? You should be able to get more info on those apps by long-pressing the icon in the App Drawer, then tapping "App Info."

Trying an anti-malware solution should also be considered, something like AVG, perhaps...
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.

Good suggestions here. Also, you may want to uninstall your apps, then add them back being especially careful to check the permissions of each one.

Last summer the same thing happened to me, and it was a game which was the offending "open door". After I uninstalled the most intrusive games, the unauthorized self-downloading of new games stopped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    B. Diddy likes this.