Phone does not save messange or call history, Play store not working either, Help please

Harrype

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey!

I'm currently having some issues with my S4 mini, as stated in the title, the phone does not save messanges or calls. I can still send and call, but nothing is ever recorded.
At the same time this started to occur my play store stopped working, just getting the "no connection, Reconnect"

Im using the stock app from samsung for calls and messanges.

I would really like some help with this problem, Factory reset is something i would like to avoid.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
So the Play Store used to work and now it doesn't?
It might be a bug on the latest update.

How about saving messenger and call history, these also worked before?
If they never worked before you need to do a factory reset, don't avoid it, embrace it.
Hopefully that'll take care of those two.

Unless you're still in time to return that phone and get another one.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Harrype

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply and the welcome! however i forgot to mention that this happen during one night, had the phone for about 3 months, And these two problems occured at about the same moment. So untill today everything worked well.

But I've come across some more info about my problem, I can recive messenges, i can read them while on the locking screen, but they do not appear in the phone app... so it might be possible that they do save, but are not visable in the UI

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Have you re-booted the phone ? Try turning it off for a full minute. See what happens after re-boot.

In settings/apps/ , there is an app called "Phone/Messaging storage" clear the cache, and make sure it isn't disabled.

The service could be crashed and require a manual restart. To do it, clear cache and shutdown service, then reboot phone. Dependencies should restart it. Do NOT disable it, though.

If that doesn't work, I don't have any other ideas. Perhaps you will have to get ready for a hard reset...

Good luck.

1.jpg 2.jpg

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In settings/apps/ , there is an app called "Phone/Messaging storage" clear the cache, and make sure it isn't disabled.

The service could be crashed and require a manual restart. To do it, clear cache and shutdown service, then reboot phone.

That sounds like a good idea, it didn't cross my mind for some reason. Well, I guess all the Tequila I had last night! 😉

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs