1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I format the SD Card for my Android?

I tried to format it on my laptop via adapter, by right clicking SD Card F: going to format, selecting FAT32, checking the quick format box, and pressing start but whenever I place it back in my phone, it won't mount. It says it's damaged. I had the same problem when I first purchased the sd card but found a link online that showed me how to format it a different way,in another location, which worked perfectly. I recently removed the sd card for something though and encountered this same problem but am unable to find that same link. It's driving me nuts! I had to import everything to my laptop to make sure I didn't lose it all. Please help

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I format the SD Card for my Android?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzilla View Post
    I tried to format it on my laptop via adapter, by right clicking SD Card F: going to format, selecting FAT32, checking the quick format box, and pressing start but whenever I place it back in my phone, it won't mount. It says it's damaged. I had the same problem when I first purchased the sd card but found a link online that showed me how to format it a different way,in another location, which worked perfectly. I recently removed the sd card for something though and encountered this same problem but am unable to find that same link. It's driving me nuts! I had to import everything to my laptop to make sure I didn't lose it all. Please help
    Welcome to Android Central Forums?
    What phone are you using, and what Android version?
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey, thanks.
    I'm using an LG Marquee android version 2.3.4

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robzilla View Post
    Hey, thanks.
    I'm using an LG Marquee android version 2.3.4
    Go to settings, then go to your storage, and there press 'format sd card'. That should work.
    Proud LG G2 Owner!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Sorry man, that's not an option on my phone. That's why I'm using an adapter to do it on my laptop.The problem is, that the widely advertised way for doing it via laptop, doesn't seem to be working for me. I know it's possible though since I was able to do it in the past. I just can't seem to find the link that helped me out before
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm considering booting it into recovery mode, since I hear you can access a formatting option that way. Does anyone know if doing this will cause me to lose any data?

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I don't think the stock recovery offers the format option. Reboot the phone, insert SD card then see what happens.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Will I lose anything?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Alright, I rebooted it and inserted my SDcard. I found the file I wanna format but now I'm stuck on how to reboot it while getting the format to stick. Nothing I'm trying seems to work. Solution?