Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wipe out

Hello, I have a s3. Had rooted once. Worked great until 4.3 updated. Phone got uprooted. Wiped out completely on purpose. Not reset, but rom. All that comes on now is Samsung logo. My question is. Can a new rom be installed after wiped out? Phone not rooted anymore. Thanks.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: wipe out

Quote Originally Posted by pete#AC View Post
    Hello, I have a s3. Had rooted once. Worked great until 4.3 updated. Phone got uprooted. Wiped out completely on purpose. Not reset, but rom. All that comes on now is Samsung logo. My question is. Can a new rom be installed after wiped out? Phone not rooted anymore. Thanks.
    If you can put it to Download mode then ok. Just get latest official ROM from sammobile.com and use Odin 3.0.7 to flash it.
    I stopped playing with custom ROMs as got nothing but problems (damaged IMEI, no signal etc).
    pete#AC likes this.

Global Posts
    19,502 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: wipe out

I had that happen to my Note 3 - an OTA update wiped it out (because the battery died during the update and their software makes Hoover look bad). I complained. I screamed (not literally.) Because there were no refurbs yet, they replaced the phone with a new one.

You break my phone, you own my phone, whether you're the kid down the block or Cingular (who actually owns the AT&T Mobility trademark).

With the S3 with the 4.3 update you might not find it so easy to flash a ROM, not even the stock ROM. It depends on the carrier. (AT&T and Verizon have locked bootloaders. And they all have Fort Knox.)
    pete#AC likes this.