- 1 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hello, I have a s3. Had rooted once. Worked great until 4.3 updated. Phone got uprooted. Wiped out completely on purpose. Not reset, but rom. All that comes on now is Samsung logo. My question is. Can a new rom be installed after wiped out? Phone not rooted anymore. Thanks.
- 01-03-2014, 12:39 PM #2
- 01-04-2014, 01:42 AM #3
Re: wipe out
I had that happen to my Note 3 - an OTA update wiped it out (because the battery died during the update and their software makes Hoover look bad). I complained. I screamed (not literally.) Because there were no refurbs yet, they replaced the phone with a new one.
You break my phone, you own my phone, whether you're the kid down the block or Cingular (who actually owns the AT&T Mobility trademark).
With the S3 with the 4.3 update you might not find it so easy to flash a ROM, not even the stock ROM. It depends on the carrier. (AT&T and Verizon have locked bootloaders. And they all have Fort Knox.)
- By randun in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 01-30-2014, 10:10 AM
- By cowboys703 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 11Last Post: 01-06-2014, 12:12 PM
- By Dennis Smith2 in forum Other ZTE Android PhonesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-02-2014, 11:32 AM
- By loldroid23 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 8Last Post: 01-01-2014, 12:54 PM
- By ddann in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-31-2013, 07:56 PM