- 2 Posts
su commands running via adb shell or terminal emulator freezing up
When I start an adb shell (or use the android terminal emulator) and run commands as root I am not returned to a command prompt after the output is listed. So, for example, if I run the 'date' command the output is listed and I can't do anything after that except for Ctrl-C to kill the shell. If I run the same command but not as root there is no problem and after the output is listed I am returned to command prompt. (HTC Incredible 2, AN. 2.3.4) Any ideas as to what's going on? BTW, this happens with other commands as well ls, etc.
Fri Jan 3 03:57:47 EST 2014
Fri Jan 3 03:57:55 EST 2014
Fri Jan 3 03:58:08 EST 2014
Fri Jan 3 03:58:19 EST 2014
- 01-04-2014, 10:56 AM #2
Re: su commands running via adb shell or terminal emulator freezing up
Open terminal emulator and type su <press enter>
That should return the # result (if rooted) or $ (if not rooted). You should then be given a new line to continue a new command prompt. If not, uninstall the emulator, reboot the device then re-install terminal emulator.
- By xsinfulangel in forum AT&T LG G2Replies: 3Last Post: 01-23-2014, 12:52 PM
- By Yev91 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 53Last Post: 01-09-2014, 03:49 PM
- By osubeavs728 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-04-2014, 01:30 PM
- By sanyka78 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:18 PM
- By Aiyana Leigh in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 01-03-2014, 08:51 PM