boot screen and no sound

hsk1610

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi, posted this in the Infuse forum but no responses so I thought I'd repost it here. Trying to get sound during the boot screen on my stock Gingerbread rom AT&T Infuse 4G.

In system\media, I have the bootsamung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. I was missing the PowerOn.ogg in the system\media\ui folder so I copied that from another Samsung phone but still get no sound during the AT&T boot screen. I assume there must be a txt file that allows the phone to seek the ogg file. Can someone direct me in the right direction? Thank you.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi, posted this in the Infuse forum but no responses so I thought I'd repost it here. Trying to get sound during the boot screen on my stock Gingerbread rom AT&T Infuse 4G.

In system\media, I have the bootsamung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg. I was missing the PowerOn.ogg in the system\media\ui folder so I copied that from another Samsung phone but still get no sound during the AT&T boot screen. I assume there must be a txt file that allows the phone to seek the ogg file. Can someone direct me in the right direction? Thank you.
Are you rooted? I'm pretty sure you need root access to make that change and have it stick. This type of mod is a bit over my head, so perhaps a quick search could yield some examples for you to follow?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol