Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Default camera app

Hey, is there any way to change the default camera app on android? I ask because I have a Moto X and want to get a alternate camera app when I do the twist camera gesture on it. Apologies if maybe this belongs in the Moto X forum, but I figured it runs very-close-to-stock android so if possible it's an OS option first. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    11,045 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Default camera app

Quote Originally Posted by justlaxin13 View Post
    Hey, is there any way to change the default camera app on android? I ask because I have a Moto X and want to get a alternate camera app when I do the twist camera gesture on it. Apologies if maybe this belongs in the Moto X forum, but I figured it runs very-close-to-stock android so if possible it's an OS option first. Thanks in advance.
    You can definitely install another camera app. However, the action with the twist gesture may be specific to the stock app and may not work with the camera app you downloaded. This is likely a feature coded into the device that needs re-coding to work with other apps.