Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default need help using browser

I have a new Samsung Galaxy discover . I do not have a data plan I am with bell as my carrier on a Prepaid plan . I will be using the phone to search the web on Wifi only .
    The wifi is active . I try to search for something by typing something into the google search bar on the home screen . I get the following

web page unavailable
    Home - Bell not available or has moved

Am I doing something wrong searching

Default Re: need help using browser

Did you connect your phone to the your router's WiFi?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

yes i did wifi conection good

what happens when you type in Google ?

Quote Originally Posted by retired05 View Post
    I have a new Samsung Galaxy discover . I do not have a data plan I am with bell as my carrier on a Prepaid plan . I will be using the phone to search the web on Wifi only .
    The wifi is active . I try to search for something by typing something into the google search bar on the home screen . I get the following

web page unavailable

Interesting that I was having the same problem when trying to use my phone in a huge mall where I do my daily walk. In a major metropolitan signal area.
    At home...always automatically connects to WiFi...Everywhere else, car, etc., data is 4G...In the mall, evidently the data signal is not too good because there are numerous active WiFi sites running..
    The phone does auto connect to the guest open access but goes nowhere.
    Just today, one of the mall personnel showed me that with WiFi on and connected, I must open Google first and then go to my choice of browser...and it works.
    Have no idea why...

Quote Originally Posted by retired05 View Post

web page unavailable

Welcome to Android Central! You're typing in a search term in the Google search bar on the homescreen? What happens if you open the Browser instead (or Chrome, or whatever browser you prefer), and enter an address in the URL bar of the browser?

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

just turned the phone on today to try different things . Makes no difference phone still says unavailable . If i type in the search bar on home screen and enter i get to pick either browser or chrome .I pick browser and it says unavailable or site has moved . If i go to settings pick browser or google nothing happens either

But what I'm asking is what happens if you DON'T use the Google search bar on the homescreen, and instead open the Browser first and enter a URL there? Still doesn't work?

Posted via Android Central App