Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it possible to update the Android software on a Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid?

I'm thinking of getting one and I'm wondering if you are stuck with Android 4.2

I can't find an answer anywhere so I thought maybe somebody here might have one.

Global Posts
    31,622 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Is it possible to update the Android software on a Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid?

Quote Originally Posted by jessemkv View Post
    I'm thinking of getting one and I'm wondering if you are stuck with Android 4.2

I can't find an answer anywhere so I thought maybe somebody here might have one.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I think I found their website, and I would guess that since there is no download area for newer versions of Android, I would guess no; it can't be updated. However, if there was a version to be stuck with 4.2 isn't bad.

Default Re: Is it possible to update the Android software on a Wacom Cintiq Companion Hybrid?

I do have the Cintiq Companion Hybrid 32gb - wonderful device!
    There is an wacom software on the tablet which allows you to update when updates available ...I had already one since I own it.
    Since those updates include very specific adjusted driver to give you all the wacom pen and screen features ...the updates will not be as regularly as normal android updates ...