Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Ever since I updated my GS3 to 4.3 I keep getting a strange notification...

I keep getting an alert that "40349940.jpg" had downloaded but I never prompted this to happen, I don't know what it is, and I can't access it when I answer the notification. What's worse it keep reappearing whenever I erase the notification either every 5 minutes or in 5 seconds. I have discovered that it's not appearing when I put the phone in airplane mode so something is trying to be downloaded, but I can't stop it what what I've tried (restarting the phone, clearing the cashe, etc.)

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Ever since I updated my GS3 to 4.3 I keep getting a strange notification...

Check your download folder or App (download manager) to see if there is anything there. If so, remove it and that should clear the notification. If it's nothing you downloaded then consider a factory reset to rid the device of potentially harmful stuff that could have been installed through another app, service or while browsing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    19,925 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Ever since I updated my GS3 to 4.3 I keep getting a strange notification...

Maybe clearing cache in Download manager?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Maybe clearing cache in Download manager?

Already tried that as I noted before.

Does anything show up at all in the Downloads folder?

You mentioned clearing the cache--I assume you mean the app cache for Downloads, as Golfdriver97 had asked. What about clearing the system cache partition? Follow these instructions (also by Golfdriver97)--you won't lose any personal data or settings: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does anything show up at all in the Downloads folder?

You mentioned clearing the cache--I assume you mean the app cache for Downloads, as Golfdriver97 had asked. What about clearing the system cache partition? Follow these instructions (also by Golfdriver97)--you won't lose any personal data or settings: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Haven't been able to see if anything shows up in downloads because it hasn't happened since I posted it. I did clear the history in the download app so maybe that did it.

Ok, keep us updated!