Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PatrickC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Strange app i want to remove....

There is an app on my phone I can't figure out how to remove. I think it might actually be spyware. Basically there is a arrow always(pointing down left) on my screen even when playing a game. When you click on it...it open up square icons of facebook twitter a search engine that takes you to search.mobilda.com, a plus sign,.....also one block is basically an ad. I guess last resort would be to reset my phone. I rather not delete my text(but not really a big deal) and photos(most photos are on my memory card so I assume that might not be a problem....Can anyone help?

Default Re: Strange app i want to remove....

Is it a stock app or something? Anyways, if it is downloaded from the Play Store, try to find the app, and then, tap "uninstall." That should do the trick. If it is not downloaded from the Play Store, go to "Settings > Apps," In the "Downloaded" section, find the app, tap on it, and tap uninstall.

Feel free to reply!

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickC View Post
    There is an app on my phone I can't figure out how to remove. I think it might actually be spyware. Basically there is a arrow always(pointing down left) on my screen even when playing a game. When you click on it...it open up square icons of facebook twitter a search engine that takes you to search.mobilda.com, a plus sign,.....also one block is basically an ad. I guess last resort would be to reset my phone. I rather not delete my text(but not really a big deal) and photos(most photos are on my memory card so I assume that might not be a problem....Can anyone help?
    Install some antivirus and see if anything comes up..

sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

unfortunately I don't see anything there that I know I should remove....there is not a name that is standing out. I have removed a few games but I didn't do it. I Don't think it was something I added on purpose...certainly not from the app store
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

tried some of the free ones in the app store nothing came up though....is there one that youd suggest
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ok I think I found it it was related to my pittsburgh penguins wallpaper...which sucks because I liked that...but I can't stand that part of the app

EDIT:
    I actually found the problem and fixed it there was a disclaimer which I probably agreed to before(agreeing to the thing I was complaining about..feel stupid for not reading it before)...but I can still use the live wallpaper without the annoyance....anyway thanks for the suggestions/help...(the disclaimer came up again when I force stopped it and started it again and of course I clicked on refuse)
    Last edited by PatrickC; 01-05-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Thanks for updating us on the cause, and welcome to Android Central!

I have this same problem, but can't find anything which may be to blame. How did you find what had caused it?

often free apps come with these little hidden surprises. usually removing the associated app gets rid of this but every now and then your best fix is going to be wiping your device and copying back any photos etc you backup beforehand.

Settings - backup & reset on most devices has a factory reset function.

Assuming your setup using your google account on the phone or tablet google will have a backup of your contacts and calanders etc and they will reapear after you re setup using the same google account.