Google+ auto photo backup=awesome, but what about Google Drive?

Alexander Vineyard1

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a Galaxy Note 3 after being a long time iPhone user. Lovin it.

I use my phone for business mail a lot and need to take pictures with my phone, then go to my computer to insert them into an email easily (gmail). To achieve this, I figured I could just see all photos when I am composing a new email and I click on the drive button:
Capture.JPG

However this only shows your photos in Drive, not the ones you took on your phone and synced with +.
I know I can manually go into my photos app or gallery app and select upload to drive, but I would rather have these automatically available to avoid this step.
I don't necessarily need to sync all these photos with drive (I'd rather not have them take up both my + and my drive storage), I just need to be able to see both drive photos and + photos within Gmail, so I can insert whichever I need. But, if syncing all my photo's to my drive is the only way to do that, then that's fine. I just haven't found any way to do this without a third party app.

Has anyone figured out how to do this already?

I did do several searches already on this but it is possible I missed the solution somewhere. Thank you for reading in any event.

-Alex

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This certainly appears to be a deficiency on Google's part. I know that with the Google Photos app on devices, there's an option for photos and videos on Google Drive to be displayed as well, but not vice-versa. So in other words, in the Google Drive app, there's no option to see your Google Photos.

On Gmail on the desktop browser, the only way I'm able to attach photos from my Google+ galleries is to first go to that photo in Google+, download the photo, and the attach it to the email.

Alexander Vineyard1

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I thought this was the case. A shame, but perhaps we'll see a solution in the future. Til then, upload to drive in the Photos app will do. Thanks for the reply B. Diddy.