Samsung Galaxy S3 - Managing hidden files "thumbnails"??

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So I know the method of hiding a file or folder by placing a period in the beginning of the title then SETTINGS > *Uncheck* SHOW HIDDEN FILES

Okay, to make everything clear......
from the home page I go to my Apps......click FILES, then there are the following items: ALL FILES, IMAGES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, DOCUMENTS.
When I click IMAGES....I get to my CAMERA, a generic PHOTO album, and some downloads from FACEBOOK. There are also two hidden files called .THUMBNAIL and .THUMBNAILS2 (I may have named one of them I'm not sure).

What are these files for? They contain literally thousands of previous and current pictures I had stored in my phone including deleted pics. They are lower resolution than normal too. I want to delete the ".thumbnail" folders but I don't know what will happen. They're annoying me and include a lot of deleted stuff.

Can anyone clear this up please.

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The photo thumbnails could have been created by an app or by the camera. This is not unusual as computers also create thumbnails of photos as well while browsing the Web as cached files. Just delete the thumbnails if you don't want the files on the device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX