Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy I need help with Night mode ? and notifications tones

HI

I have a Sony Z1 and had a night mode set up so between 9 and 7 I have no notifications for emails, I did a new software update the other day and its turned it off. I now cant remember how I did it nor can I find the settings for it. So has this feature disappeared? I know there are apps where you can download to do this for you but I know it was on the phone before the update.

also I all other phones I have had, have had a feature where you can have different notification tones for receiving emails and text messages I cant seem to find this on the xperia z1 so is this me or does it not exist?

any help would be gratefully received

Many Thanks

Jenny

Default Re: I need help with Night mode ? and notifications tones

Setting different tones for different events are available. /settings/volumes You should have "Music/video/games and media", then "Ringtones & notifications" and "alarms". Volume for "notifcation" may be too low for you to hear that specific tone.

Certain cases, like the Incipio Duo tend to muffle the sound when handset is laying on it's back, specially on tablecloths and the such.

Setting different sounds for these events can be done from there also. Scroll down to "ringtone and vibration"and there is a setting called "phone ringtone"... Ditto for messages and E-mails, go to "system", and use "default notification sound".

Custome tones can be assigned to contact via the contact card.

select a contact, use the edtit button, go to bottom of list. (You may have to tap another button that sasy something like "more options" or something of the sort to get the ringtones customization fields.)

Hope this helps.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

HI
    I followed your instruction but it seems that I am still unable to have a different notification tone for emails and messages it doesn't give me another option.

I can have a ring tone, but then there are only options for increasing or vibrate
    then under system
    It says Notification sound and after that there are only tick box's for dial pad, touch, screen lock and vibrate. so once you choose a notification sound this then sounds for all notification e.g email and text. Not individual sounds so different notifications.

Also

I am still unable to find a night mode for emails I had a timer on previously for email to come between 8am and 10pm but since the update I cant find it do you know about this?

For different notifications between sms and E-mail, I think your going to have to find an app to do it, it doesn't seem to be supported by the stock UI.

For the night mode thing, Stamina mode, when turned on, prevents syncing at night by killing Internet connexions to save power, which, should kill unwanted "middle of the night" incoming notifications, unless you have a 3rd party app acting rogue that re-activates an Internet link,. But I don't think it's possible. Of course, this doesn't disable SMS notifications, but typically those are sent by people. Hopefully your contacts know and respect what you've mutually agreed to be decent hours, unlike dumb mass E-mail daemons sending stuff at anytime of day or night. Before I found out about it, I was getting roused by crap E-mail from Amazon every other night, at 2 in the morning. It was driving me nuts!

Good luck.
    "All information is imperfect. We have to treat it with humility."
    - The Ascent of man.
    J. Bronowsky.