Tabtech M7 Tablet Wireless Switches Itself off after a few seconds.

fernendo123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a 2nd hand 16gb Tabtech M7 Tablet off ebay. Its running Android 3.0.

Its in great condition but it has 1 problem. When I turn on wireless it turns itself off after a few seconds. It doesn't even turn on long enough to make a list of nearby wireless networks. I've tried a full factory reset several times and this hasn't helped. The factory reset only takes about 2 seconds which doesn't seem very long so I'm not 100% sure that the factory reset is working properly.

If anyone would give me some ideas to get this working I'd be very grateful it seems like a great tablet apart from the 1 problem.

Kind Regards

Fernendo

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying the Wi-Fi turns itself off, or the whole tablet turns off?

It's possible that this is the reason the tablet was being sold on eBay. Was it described as new, used, or refurbished? Do you have a warranty, or can you return it?

Posted via Android Central App

fernendo123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi thanks a lot for your reply.

Just the wireless turns itself off not the whole tablet.

It was purchased used off ebay. It does have a 45 day warranty so I can send it back I just thought I might try and fix it first if its not too
difficult as other than this problem its a nice tablet in good condition. I see what your saying maybe the previous owner have up getting it to work so sold it and wasn't upfront about the problem it has.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How strong is the wifi signal? Some devices have a setting to avoid weak wifi signals.

fernendo123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
How strong is the wifi signal? Some devices have a setting to avoid weak wifi signals.

Thanks for your reply the signal is excellent at five out of five bars in strength. There are several wireless devices in the area and its only ever managed to pick them up briefly once. Now it doesn't pick any up. After pressing the wireless on box it turns to a green tick after a few seconds the green tick disappears and the wireless is off again.

Kind Regards

Lewis Hadley

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to say that it sounds like a hardware problem. You'll probably want to request a refund.

fernendo123

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it. I was going to try reloading or upgrading the android OS but I think its a safer bet to just get a refund.

Kind Regards

Lewis Hadley

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma