Just got my first android smartphone a LG G2, I have a couple of Q's about surfing the...

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
the net. I got the LG G2 phone. Do I use the chrome app to go to the internet or the reg google app to use the internet ? By the way I use hotmail for my email not gmail. But I do have gmail account as a backup but almost never use. I know I have to use the gmail to get apps from the play store but where does that leave chrome for me to use ? Do I use chrome app or the google app to use the internet and why ?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You can use either/both. Try them out and see which you prefer

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Chrome is the main browser, although some devices also include a stripped down stock Browser, sometimes also called Internet. I would imagine the G2 only has Chrome preinstalled as a browser. You can try out other browsers on Google Play, including Boat, Dolphin, Maxthon, Opera, and many others.

The Google app you're referring to is probably the Google search bar. When you search using the search bar, the results are displayed by Google Search, but if you click on a link, it'll open up in Chrome.

You can set up your default Email app to import mail from Hotmail, but you can also do that with Gmail. If you go to your Gmail account on your computer, there are settings where you can import other mail like Hotmail. Then, you could just rely on the Gmail app to read all of your email.

Posted via Android Central App

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay I got it. the google was is like search bar that is part of chrome. Okay I'm using chrome right now going to diff sites.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And if you want to use sites that require Flash Player, I recommend UC Browser (free at the Play store). And download Flash Player from the Flash Player Archive, of course.

As far as Hotmail, if you add it to Accounts, either the default email app or the Gmail app will pick it up and you'll have your email from both accounts in one app without having Google go get your Hotmail email.

Which internet browser do most people use? Probably the one that comes with their phone, since most people are afraid to do anything to the phone - even install apps that they can use to replace a function that comes with the phone. The thinking must go something like "if Internet comes on the phone, there's probably some reason I'm not supposed to use anything else". The average cellphone user knows less about computers than the average computer user - and that's a very low bar. If the browser is in the Play store, and it looks interesting, install it and try it out. If you don't like it, clear its cache and data and uninstall it. The same goes for email apps, dialers, contact apps, even launchers (the homescreen) and the lock screen. (This evening, I tried out 3 lock screens. I ended up going back to the default, because none of the ones I tried did anything for me. But I use Nova Launcher s my homescreen. I think I used the default launcher on my first phone for about a week, and have never used a default launcher since.)

Scott111

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
These were on webpages.

By the way I noticed that on some webpages their are advertisements playing at the bottom of the screen kinda annoying. On my PC I don't have this problem cause I use Adblock Plus with my Friefox. So what can I use that will block these adverts on my phone and whats the best ones ? By the way I'm using the chrome browser.

By the way is this Tapatalk 2 people are using the same as the one thats on my phone now that I use ? or is this a third party app ?

thanks guys for answering my questions. I think I'm almost there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia