Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just got my first android smartphone a LG G2, I have a couple of Q's about surfing the...

the net. I got the LG G2 phone. Do I use the chrome app to go to the internet or the reg google app to use the internet ? By the way I use hotmail for my email not gmail. But I do have gmail account as a backup but almost never use. I know I have to use the gmail to get apps from the play store but where does that leave chrome for me to use ? Do I use chrome app or the google app to use the internet and why ?

Default Re: Just got my first android smartphone a LG G2, I have a couple of Q's about surfing the...

You can use either/both. Try them out and see which you prefer

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    Ambassador
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Just got my first android smartphone a LG G2, I have a couple of Q's about surfing the...

Well which one do most use do you think ?
    I'm leaning towards the google one should I uninstall chrome then ?

Welcome to Android Central! Chrome is the main browser, although some devices also include a stripped down stock Browser, sometimes also called Internet. I would imagine the G2 only has Chrome preinstalled as a browser. You can try out other browsers on Google Play, including Boat, Dolphin, Maxthon, Opera, and many others.

The Google app you're referring to is probably the Google search bar. When you search using the search bar, the results are displayed by Google Search, but if you click on a link, it'll open up in Chrome.

You can set up your default Email app to import mail from Hotmail, but you can also do that with Gmail. If you go to your Gmail account on your computer, there are settings where you can import other mail like Hotmail. Then, you could just rely on the Gmail app to read all of your email.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Okay I got it. the google was is like search bar that is part of chrome. Okay I'm using chrome right now going to diff sites.
    Last edited by Scott111; 01-06-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Scott111 View Post
    Okay I got it. the google was is like search bar that is part of chrome. Okay I'm using chrome right now going to diff sites.
    Glad you got it sorted. Welcome to the forums.
    How are you liking the device so far?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Pretty cool, thanks

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Pretty cool, thanks
    Great! See you around the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

And if you want to use sites that require Flash Player, I recommend UC Browser (free at the Play store). And download Flash Player from the , of course.

As far as Hotmail, if you add it to Accounts, either the default email app or the Gmail app will pick it up and you'll have your email from both accounts in one app without having Google go get your Hotmail email.

Which internet browser do most people use? Probably the one that comes with their phone, since most people are afraid to do anything to the phone - even install apps that they can use to replace a function that comes with the phone. The thinking must go something like "if Internet comes on the phone, there's probably some reason I'm not supposed to use anything else". The average cellphone user knows less about computers than the average computer user - and that's a very low bar. If the browser is in the Play store, and it looks interesting, install it and try it out. If you don't like it, clear its cache and data and uninstall it. The same goes for email apps, dialers, contact apps, even launchers (the homescreen) and the lock screen. (This evening, I tried out 3 lock screens. I ended up going back to the default, because none of the ones I tried did anything for me. But I use Nova Launcher s my homescreen. I think I used the default launcher on my first phone for about a week, and have never used a default launcher since.)
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I've been able to play videos from GameSpot and you tube do I still need a a flash player ?

I've been able to play videos from GameSpot and you tube do I still need a a flash player ?
    Only if you like to watch the videos that are often on web pages.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

These were on webpages.

By the way I noticed that on some webpages their are advertisements playing at the bottom of the screen kinda annoying. On my PC I don't have this problem cause I use Adblock Plus with my Friefox. So what can I use that will block these adverts on my phone and whats the best ones ? By the way I'm using the chrome browser.

By the way is this Tapatalk 2 people are using the same as the one thats on my phone now that I use ? or is this a third party app ?

thanks guys for answering my questions. I think I'm almost there.