Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Slow Connection

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello again everyone. Happy New Year to everybody. For Christmas I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. 2014 Edition. I love the Tablet, great for watching Youtube videos, and mostly for playing my retro games. But lately now I have a serious problem. I have Verizon Fios at home and whenever I try to connect my Wireless tablet to it, the connection is Horrible! It lags, it slows down, many times the connection comes up for a couple of seconds, then connection drops. I told Verizon about and they are going to send me a new router. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Does anyone think it is a software connection issue with the Samsung Tablet? On my computer, I am getting 7 mbps download speed and 6 mbps when I am supposed to be getting 50 Mbps on my comupter. Help. I am hoping the New Router solves the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...
. .

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello again everyone. Happy New Year to everybody. For Christmas I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. 2014 Edition. I love the Tablet, great for watching Youtube videos, and mostly for playing my retro games. But lately now I have a serious problem. I have Verizon Fios at home and whenever I try to connect my Wireless tablet to it, the connection is Horrible! It lags, it slows down, many times the connection comes up for a couple of seconds, then connection drops. I told Verizon about and they are going to send me a new router. Has anyone else experienced this problem. Does anyone think it is a software connection issue with the Samsung Tablet? On my computer, I am getting 7 mbps download speed and 6 mbps when I am supposed to be getting 50 Mbps on my comupter. Help. I am hoping the New Router solves the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks...
. .

Doesn't sound like an issue with the tablet. If you're getting only 6/7 when you're supposed be getting considerably more, there might be an issue with the router. Do you use internet on your PC over WiFi or Ethernet?

Posted via Android Central App

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a wired connection from my cable to the PC. Then I use wireless wi-fi on tablet to access the internet. It connects for a second then it drops. It's funny I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 T-Mobile and periodically it says on the phone: "Network Connection Unstable", but that is a different issue. So I spoke to Verizon, I am getting a new router today. I am hoping that solves the problem. If not, I plan returning the tablet back to Best Buy. It's a shame because I really like the tablet...Really cool..Do you think the New Router will solve the problem.

MJM212

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tablet/Note (wish Samsung would decide whether a Note was a phone or a Tablet and be consistent) 10.1 2014 (WiFi only). I also have the Samsung Galaxy Note (phone) with Verizon. I added a mobile hot spot plan ($30/mo.) to use with my phone. Horrible, horrible internet connection too. Why have a Tablet? Just spent several hours on the phone with Samsung and Verizon. Samsung talked to me like I was a moron and suggested my personal favorite solution......"Factory Data Reset". In other words.....they have no idea how to fix it. The guy at Verizon was understanding and, thankfully, intelligent, but all he could come up with was that it was a problem with the phone since the internet connection was marginally better with my Jet Pack (wireless Internet, also with Verizon--I do not have a "wired" internet connection available to me). Well, the Jet Pack isn't really working now either. Watching YouTube is impossible. The internet crashes all of the time requiring complete reboot. Ran Speedtest (available on Play Store) and had 17.82mbps download and 8.33mbps upload (not bad). After reading other posts, it doesn't sound like it's the phone either unless Samsung changed something in the phone since I purchased it in November. Verizon kindly agreed to send me a new phone to arrive tomorrow. Where to go from here is anybody's guess. Software (Tablet) problem does sound more feasible. Multiple calls to Samsung might eventually reach someone who can think and will actually try to help and NOT immediately suggest "Factory Data Reset". Hope we all get an answer soon. Wish I could have helped more, but maybe my experience will help you narrow down the possibilities:)
P.S. Samsung.....I anxiously await the fix for "Smart Stay" to recognize that I am looking at my device with my (necessary) eyeglasses.

Unicorn11B

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
There has to be a problem with some of these tablets. I found this thread because I was searching forfor slow wife connections with the Note 10.1 2014. According to speed test, downloads will start at around 30 Maps at. East then drop into the teens. Usually my download is in the upper teens and upload speed is around 10 Mbps (where it should be). On my phone, a Note 3, my download speed is 40 Mbps or a little faster. Both have issues with the Facebook and I think chive apps.
It's usually not too noticeable, even watching videos, but sometimes there will be a stoppqge, and when apps update sometimes it takes forever.

Maribeth Wester

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I have had the 10.1, 2014 since January, and just within the last month, have noticed the green and orange arrows go gray, as if the device is only going to connect if it absolutely has to. Does this cause issues? Yes, I have rebooted, because the machine felt stuck.

jeffinchiangma2

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
My note 10.1 2014 has problems connecting to my new Sony TV, Gopro camera and Wifi enabled cameras. I have connected in the past but it's usually slow and says poor connection.
I just spent ages trying to connect to my Gopro camera with no success. I tried a galaxy phone and connected immediately. It's as though the frequency of the Wifi is slightly off but it usually connects to the Internet ok.
Has anyone else had similar problems? If I take my note 10.1 back to the shop in Thailand, I know I'll just get the big stare. What can I do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol