Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bad phone?

Hey guys. I was unable to find my phone in the list but its the sch-s738c Centura that I got at Walmart throughaTracfone and I have had it for several months now but only within the past few weeks have the problems gotten quite so bad. The web browser is constantly freezing or crashing, sometimes I can't unlock it because it won't even register as powered on, even if its charging, and often times the phone itself just freeze up. I have done everything I can think if to change this but all to no avail. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is it a bad phone or am I just not doing all I can to make this machine work more efficiently?

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Bad phone?

Quote Originally Posted by DrJ0nes85 View Post
    Hey guys. I was unable to find my phone in the list but its the sch-s738c Centura that I got at Walmart throughaTracfone and I have had it for several months now but only within the past few weeks have the problems gotten quite so bad. The web browser is constantly freezing or crashing, sometimes I can't unlock it because it won't even register as powered on, even if its charging, and often times the phone itself just freeze up. I have done everything I can think if to change this but all to no avail. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Is it a bad phone or am I just not doing all I can to make this machine work more efficiently?

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forums!

You can try two three things:
    1. Go to Settings > Applications > Browser and clear the cache and see if that fixes the issue. If you have bookmarks or favorites don't hit the clear data button or else this information will be cleared. If you don't care, then clear data as well.
    2. Install and use a third-party web browser. Opera Mini (for data compression), Chrome & Fire Fox are good alternatives - other browsers exist, so browse the Play Store and see what you may find useful.
    3. Factory reset the device: Settings > Security > Factory Reset. This will clear the device of all settings and return to a factory state just as it was when you purchased it. Be sure to backup your data and text messages (check the Play Store for apps) and sync contacts (Settings > Accounts > Google) for easy restore when you setup the device.

I'd try the above in the order listed and see if that helps. If still no success then look at the data connection and see if there is a noticeable difference while browsing on WiFi or Mobile data.
    B. Diddy likes this.