GS3 - Clock Desynchronization / Wrong Time

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Since the Android 4.3 update, my Galaxy S3's clock always desynchronizes (if that's even a word).

If my phone is set to "Automatic Date and Time" in the "Date and Time" menu, it will usually fall behind anywhere from 0 to 15 minutes. If I reboot the phone, the time synchronizes again, but a few hours later is starts getting behind again.

I had never experienced this problem before.

I have also tried setting the time manually, but the phone will again start to fall behind.

It is extremely annoying as all calendars reminders and alarms depend on the time being correct.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks a lot,

PS: I forgot to mention that I'm using "Juice Defender" but have been doing so for a long time without any problem.

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I have not tried yet without JD, although as mentionned I have been using JD for over a year without problems. To be honest, it also isn't really an option for me to use JD since my battery sucks so much without :(

Fyi, I tried disabling the native "Power Saving" feature of the phone. Do you think that could help in any ways? I have read here and there that this feature can substantially lower your phone's performance, therefore maybe getting my clock to start lagging behind....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have not tried yet without JD, although as mentionned I have been using JD for over a year without problems. To be honest, it also isn't really an option for me to use JD since my battery sucks so much without :(

Fyi, I tried disabling the native "Power Saving" feature of the phone. Do you think that could help in any ways? I have read here and there that this feature can substantially lower your phone's performance, therefore maybe getting my clock to start lagging behind....

Another thing you can do is activate Airplane mode for a few seconds and turn it back off. This will force a refresh of the cell network.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I will try this in the feature. However, I had try to deactivate the "Automatic Date and Time" and reactivate it after to force a refresh. That particular solution did not work.

Fyi, since I turned off the native "Power Saving" option of the phone yesterday (letting Juice Defender on), the clock has not desynchronized yet after 24 hours. There is some hope! I'll see what happens after another 24 hours.

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Daily update to let you guys know that my phone clock is still okay today.

After about 48 hours since I turned off the native "Power Saving" of the phone, it looks like my clock is kept synchronized.

I find it hardly makes sense since once desynchronized it should easily synchronize again thanks to the "Automatic Date and Time" function on, but if it does the trick then why not...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Daily update to let you guys know that my phone clock is still okay today.

After about 48 hours since I turned off the native "Power Saving" of the phone, it looks like my clock is kept synchronized.

I find it hardly makes sense since once desynchronized it should easily synchronize again thanks to the "Automatic Date and Time" function on, but if it does the trick then why not...

Thanks for the suggestions.

Something I am not clear on; was that power saving option the stock one or part of an app?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
The "Power Saving" I'm referring too is the one that you get access to when you slide down the settings from the head of your phone. The same quick access menu where you can turn on/off Wi-Fi, GPS, Sound, Screnn rotation, Bluetooth, etc... This is why I called it the "native" one, because it's not part of an app.

I still have my Juice Defender app turned on though, but it's completely independent.

Hope this clarifies what I have done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs