- 1 Posts
Can't find my videos, just a gray square!
Tonight I was taking videos and a couple of pictures with my droid mini. I was also switching to the gallery to view what I was taking and everything was there. In the middle of the last video, the screen freezes and I had to power down because my phone was just frozen. When I powered back up, I saw just 5 gray squares where those last 5 pieces of media should have been. They were saved and viewable before this happened!! How can I open or get them back! I've read a few threads, but all the back up methods do not work. My phone is not rooted. I uploaded all my files into my computer, and they are simply not there. It's not a huge giant issue, because everything else remained as it was, but these were videos of me playing with my kid. They didn't even get backed up onto google plus yet. I did shoot a test video right after my phone came back on...and the gray squares are still there.
- 01-08-2014, 11:01 PM #2
Re: Can't find my videos, just a gray square!
Welcome to Android Central! Try using a file manager like ES File Explorer (or the stock file manager, if one came preinstalled) to navigate to the DCIM folder (the directory should be something like /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera), and see if the video files are there. If you see them, try opening them from there. It's possible the Gallery database got corrupted somehow--you could also try clearing the cache for the Gallery app by going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Gallery, and tapping Clear Cache.
- By Juan Grajeda in forum HTC One M7Replies: 15Last Post: 01-04-2015, 08:52 AM
- By Dean Franks1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 in Canada (Bell/Telus/Rogers)Replies: 3Last Post: 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM
- By charles777 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 39Last Post: 01-23-2014, 12:45 AM
- By hell911 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 09:24 AM
- By oliviasbored in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-2014, 09:34 PM