Can't find my videos, just a gray square!

Linda Gonzalez1

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Tonight I was taking videos and a couple of pictures with my droid mini. I was also switching to the gallery to view what I was taking and everything was there. In the middle of the last video, the screen freezes and I had to power down because my phone was just frozen. When I powered back up, I saw just 5 gray squares where those last 5 pieces of media should have been. They were saved and viewable before this happened!! How can I open or get them back! I've read a few threads, but all the back up methods do not work. My phone is not rooted. I uploaded all my files into my computer, and they are simply not there. :'( It's not a huge giant issue, because everything else remained as it was, but these were videos of me playing with my kid. :( They didn't even get backed up onto google plus yet. I did shoot a test video right after my phone came back on...and the gray squares are still there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try using a file manager like ES File Explorer (or the stock file manager, if one came preinstalled) to navigate to the DCIM folder (the directory should be something like /storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Camera), and see if the video files are there. If you see them, try opening them from there. It's possible the Gallery database got corrupted somehow--you could also try clearing the cache for the Gallery app by going to Settings>Apps>All, selecting Gallery, and tapping Clear Cache.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae