Phone Storage lowered to 8.94GB after installing OMEGA ROM.

dickharper

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to this whole ROM thing. So I installed this Omega Rom and now in settings it says my storage is significantly down. My Galaxy S4 is 16GB, which had about 6GB free storage, now since I installed the ROM, It says I have 8.94GB total space, and only 2GB free space. How can I get it all back?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm new to this whole ROM thing. So I installed this Omega Rom and now in settings it says my storage is significantly down. My Galaxy S4 is 16GB, which had about 6GB free storage, now since I installed the ROM, It says I have 8.94GB total space, and only 2GB free space. How can I get it all back?

Did you by any chance make a nandroid backup? (a.k.a. a backup in recovery)

They are very large in size and take up a lot of space.

As you have an S4, it is possible to write backups to the SD card instead of internal memory, but you have to change the settings prior to making the backup because they will write to internal storage by default.

If this is the case, I'd suggest deleting the backup once you are sure you don't need it anymore, and in the future changing the option and saving backups to the SD card. Using a file explorer, the backups will generally be saved to /mnt/sdcard/TWRP or /mnt/sdcard/ClockworkMod (depending on which recovery you use).

dickharper

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So, I moved the backup I made to my PC in order to free some space. Should I just flash the ROM all over again now that there's no space taken?

It didn't work.

Last edited:

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
So, I moved the backup I made to my PC in order to free some space. Should I just flash the ROM all over again now that there's no space taken?

It didn't work.

You need to actually delete the backup files from your internal storage to get the space back. Saving the files to your computer is a good idea, but that will only copy it, you still need to delete the original files from your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance