- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Android TV Box doesn't turn on? please help!
hello everyone, I bought this android tv box from ebay, and there was a weird UI and I decided to delete Launcher. so I deleted it and after it didnt get to the home screen, and then i closed it and re-opened it and then stucks in to the android silver logo and I wait but nothing happens.
so my question is, is there a way to reset it to the factory settings though my pc or something like that? please help!
- 01-09-2014, 07:53 PM #2
Re: Android TV Box doesn't turn on? please help!
Welcome to Android Central! The Launcher is basically the homescreen user interface, so by deleting it, you basically can't interface with the system any more. It's odd that you were actually able to delete the Launcher, because most Android devices won't let you delete system apps, unless they're rooted (i.e., modified to give you superuser status, which can be a dangerous thing, as you've learned). I'm not sure a factory reset would help at this point, because if you truly deleted/uninstalled the Launcher, it won't be restored by a factory reset. You'd have to find the original stock ROM for the device and learn how to re-flash it to the device--in order to do so, you'd need to find instructions specific to the device. I suggest doing a Google search that includes the exact brand and model name of the device, and the words "flash stock ROM." Good luck!
- 01-09-2014, 09:55 PM #4
- By Paisley in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 9Last Post: 11-29-2016, 05:53 PM
- By paisley99 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 50Last Post: 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM
- By cristianocr7 in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 12Last Post: 01-14-2014, 05:56 PM
- By angelisawesome in forum T-MobileReplies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2014, 01:41 AM
- By wildblue in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM