Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sax_Derp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Default Battery Issues On a Nexus S

So I got a Nexus S for Christmas and I've been getting about 5 hours light usage off a full charge. I have mobile data off a
    nd I'm normally on Airplane mode unless I'm texting someone (which is rare...) It's running stock Jellybean 4.1.2 and I did buy a new battery but I'm still having the same issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Battery Issues On a Nexus S

Welcome to Android Central! Check out this guide and see if any of the tips help you: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips

It'd help to see some of your battery stats, especially from a good battery monitor app like . When you say 5 hours of light usage, does that mean 5 hours of light usage with the screen on, or with intermittent use of the screen? 5 hours of total screen-on time is normal.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Intermittent, I'm at school most off the day so it generally stays off in my pocket. I'm downloading that app now, is there a way I can post a screenshot from the Android Central app?

Posted via Android Central App

Unfortunately, not from the main AC app. You can if you use the Tapatalk-based app.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

These are the two screenshots from the app. This was taken when I left school today. My phone did die by 10 this morning and I charged it to 21% to get through the rest of the day. I took it off the charger thus morning by around 6:18

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Battery Issues On a Nexus S-1389394136638.jpg   Battery Issues On a Nexus S-1389394149460.jpg  

Usually battery issues are starting after installing a conflicting 3rd party app.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sax_Derp View Post
    These are the two screenshots from the app. This was taken when I left school today. My phone did die by 10 this morning and I charged it to 21% to get through the rest of the day. I took it off the charger thus morning by around 6:18

Unfortunately, those screenshots don't help that much, because GSam resets its stats when you start charging or turn off the phone. At the top of the App Sucker screen, you'll see that the stats are only for the last 18 min 13 sec, so the info isn't giving us a good representation of the whole battery charge.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

So, sorry for not responding. But my issues seemed to have been resolved. I removed a few unessential widgets and let the battery fully die a few times before charging it to full again. I now get about 8 hours on a full charge and I am okay with that. Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah.

B. Diddy likes this.