Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  • 2 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Switch From iPhone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

Hi Andriod Community,

I read that many people in my situation can't text/ receive messages with iphone because of the tricky iMessage.
    But my friend's iphone 4s cannot receive 20-50% of my texts, could it be a network issue? (I am with Wind Canada)
    My old Iphone 4s' mother board was dead so ofcourse I did not turn off iMessage.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-10-2014 at 01:42 AM.

Global Posts
    13,792 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Switch From Iphone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalpl0w View Post
    Hi Andriod Community,

I read that many people in my situation can't text/ receive messages with iphone because of the tricky iMessage.
    But my friend's iphone 4s cannot receive 20-50% of my texts, could it be a network issue? (I am with Wind Canada)
    My old Iphone 4s' mother board was dead so ofcourse I did not turn off iMessage.
    Welcome to the forums and Android.
    The whole iMessage debacle is probably most of the problem. I think there is a way to remove your number from iMessage, but I am not totally sure.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    jackalpl0w likes this.

Global Posts
    1,227 Global Posts
    ROM
    AreaROM 3.0 or CM7.0.1

Default Re: Switch From Iphone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

It's most likely an iMessage conflict. Try your carrier to see if they can temporarily put an iPhone on your number so you can remove your phone from iMessage.
    jackalpl0w likes this.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Switch From iPhone to Nexus 5, Now My Some of My Texts Are Unreceived.

Quote Originally Posted by jackalpl0w View Post
    Hi Andriod Community,

You can possibly log out of iMessage via Apple if you registered the device. Take a look at this forum and see if the solution posted helps you: