Stealth Trio App Closing Issue

trbfan

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Stealth Trio 10.1" tablet with Android 4.1, I am not overly familiar with how Android works, but I got it 3 weeks ago and I haven't done anything special with it other than install some apps (mostly news, some other general apps, and a couple games). I tried to make sure they were all decently reviewed and virus free etc. I used it for about 2 weeks and then last week one night it started acting a little slow and buggy and the next morning I couldn't do anything with it other than get into the settings with message popping sometimes one every second saying "The launcher has stopped" or "Google play has stopped" and various other messages. I looked around online briefly and didn't really see any good ideas other than that it could be a virus and the best thing to do is to do a factory reset, which I did and it worked fine for a day and I put a lot of the apps back on left out a few, and added an additional few, and after about a day and a half it started acting buggy again, and once again it has started giving me the same messages, though not at the same severity as before. This time I can actually get into my home screen even get on a few apps but it still gives me several messages, especially if I do anything in the settings, the most common messages are: "Launcher has stopped" "Google _______ has stopped" "process.android.process.acore has stopped" "process.android.process.gapps has stopped" "Android Keyboard AOSP has stopped" "Launcher has stopped" and they all come up about that once? Has anyone ever had this issue or has any idea what could be causing it on this tablet? I have heard of auto sync causing problems but I dont see a way to turn auto sync off.

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may simply be bad software. Devices from lesser-known manufacturers are more prone to software or hardware glitches. Have you tried a factory data reset? You'll lose your data, so make sure you back everything up or sync everything before resetting. You'll also have to reinstall your apps afterwards.

If your Launcher keeps failing, you could try installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova Launcher. When you use it, the stock Launcher becomes dormant, so hopefully it would stop causing problems. But all of the other process issues might still be present.

trbfan

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have done the factory reset and after a day the issues came back. I have not tried the Nova Launcher, but it does show more error messages than just the launcher..though im not sure if it could all be related to the launcher.

trbfan

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried the Nova Launcher and I prefer it to the original launcher so I will keep it, and it worked perfectly for awhile, until I noticed that an app I had tried to uninstall before was still there, so I went into settings - apps and I went to the app and I hit uninstall..and thats when all the popups started again. The tablet seems to work ok until I go into settings..more specifically I think app settings, and then the messages start and it crashed nova launcher.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If your Settings interface is the thing that's screwed up, then you may not have much alternative, since there aren't any 3rd party Settings interfaces.

Posted via Android Central App

trbfan

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I finally figured out Nova Launcher,and I had it working with no issues for 2 days straight...until I wanted to check out something in the settings and clicked on an app and than it started the series of messages again, making it difficult to get into the homescreen again though I think I can fix that.

Edit: It seems to be locking up before home screen now that I tried to launch it hooked to the USB.

Janet Jones

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Stealth Trio 10.1" tablet with Android 4.1, I am not overly familiar with how Android works, but I got it 3 weeks ago and I haven't done anything special with it other than install some apps (mostly news, some other general apps, and a couple games). I tried to make sure they were all decently reviewed and virus free etc. I used it for about 2 weeks and then last week one night it started acting a little slow and buggy and the next morning I couldn't do anything with it other than get into the settings with message popping sometimes one every second saying "The launcher has stopped" or "Google play has stopped" and various other messages. I looked around online briefly and didn't really see any good ideas other than that it could be a virus and the best thing to do is to do a factory reset, which I did and it worked fine for a day and I put a lot of the apps back on left out a few, and added an additional few, and after about a day and a half it started acting buggy again, and once again it has started giving me the same messages, though not at the same severity as before. This time I can actually get into my home screen even get on a few apps but it still gives me several messages, especially if I do anything in the settings, the most common messages are: "Launcher has stopped" "Google _______ has stopped" "process.android.process.acore has stopped" "process.android.process.gapps has stopped" "Android Keyboard AOSP has stopped" "Launcher has stopped" and they all come up about that once? Has anyone ever had this issue or has any idea what could be causing it on this tablet? I have heard of auto sync causing problems but I dont see a way to turn auto sync off.

Thanks in advance.

Keeps shutting down my apps. Keeps saying launcher shut down. What is the problem?

Same things happening to me. how do i fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you followed the suggestions above, including trying a different launcher like Nova?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have tried all the ways to reset my Tablet, but am not having any luck. Maybe I am not just doing it right. Any suggestions

Welcome to Android Central! Please give us more details. Are you also using a Stealth Trio as mentioned in this thread title, or a different device? If the latter, please give us the brand and model number, as well as Android version.

What problems are you having, and how have you tried to reset? Have you actually succeeded in resetting the tablet, but the problems still persist?

Pam Sims

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Nothing will load. Keeps telling me launcher stopped, processor stopped everything. Will not load anything. Have tried all the resets I can find. I did the power button and volume up. Read it was suppose to reboot. Held them down and nothing. Tried the reset button nothing. Getting fustrated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried an alternate launcher like Nova, as discussed above?

Also, have you checked the Mach Speed support page? If they don't have an answer for you there, there are options to contact them with questions, or to request an RMA. Mach Speed Technologies

VeeTime

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
i too have the same problem with trio stealth-10 mst 10-21, i cant even get that far to Nova to work.
it keeps giving me errors in a cyclical fashion, meaning over and over error messagaes. i have 2 trio both same problems.
can u help?

karl39

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
BAD FIRMWARE? I think so. Has anyone successfully replaced their firmware and fixed the problem?

I experienced this issue with my Stealth 10.
I've had other Androids and no such problems with them. That is why I think the problem is in the firmware.

Tuesday night I bought a Ten inch RCA Android to more or less replace it. I thought I was getting Android 4.2 but it turned out to be KitKat, Android 4.4.2. Most things work on it.

The Slealth 10 no longer downloads from the Play Store but it happily downloads and installs from 1Mobile Market and F-Droid. Unfortunately every time it shuts down it does a factory reset when it is turned back on. The internal sdcard survives.

I think it may be possible to fix my device with a new Firmware or a custom ROM. Anyone know where to get it?

Last edited:

darkphoenix1014

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have the trio stealth g4 and it is kicking me off EVERY game. I can get on for about three or four minutes before it takes me back to the homescreen. I'm getting quite irate.. I've tried all of the above suggestions and NOTHING IS WORKING!! Can someone please help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463