Galaxy S3 Stock Camera App - Pics or video can't be viewed

RobbyRob123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it. I actually really like the stock camera app that comes with the phone. But if I take a picture or video, I can't view it. It's like it's instantly corrupted. It sucks cause I had some good pictures and video but now they are basically gone. I have downloaded another camera app and I get reliable pictures that aren't corrupted. But I would prefer to use the stock one cause it just seems to react quicker. What apps do you use for taking pictures?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it. I actually really like the stock camera app that comes with the phone. But if I take a picture or video, I can't view it. It's like it's instantly corrupted. It sucks cause I had some good pictures and video but now they are basically gone. I have downloaded another camera app and I get reliable pictures that aren't corrupted. But I would prefer to use the stock one cause it just seems to react quicker. What apps do you use for taking pictures?

Are you saving the pictures onto the internal storage or an SD card? If it's the latter,get a new one or change it back to internal and see if it helps

Posted via Android Central App

RobbyRob123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you saving the pictures onto the internal storage or an SD card? If it's the latter,get a new one or change it back to internal and see if it helps

I think I have it going to the external SD card. I will switch it back and see if that helps.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So far the 3 pics I took haven't been corrupted. I'll keep it set to store on my phone for a while and see if it continues to work. Thanks.

No problem. What kind of SD card was it by the way? Sammy phone don't play nice with certain brands :-\

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Then it's a generic SD card. I had issues with one of those but my San Disk card works perfectly

RobbyRob123

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to get a Sandisk card and see if that works better. I just didn't want my phone loaded up with pics. I thought it would be better to have them on the external sd card.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll have to get a Sandisk card and see if that works better. I just didn't want my phone loaded up with pics. I thought it would be better to have them on the external sd card.

It is. I keep my music and nandroid backups on my SD card. Got a 16GB SDHC for $10 from Amazon :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay