Migrating To a New Gmail Account

anon(818769)

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Sorry if there's a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find any really completed ones. Has anyone out there successfully migrated to a new Gmail account without losing everything Android related? Like a few people I know, I made a Gmail account a few years ago before android was this big and (like the naive child I was) didn't make a very professional email address. I was wondering if anyone could giving me advice on migrating to a new Gmail account I created. Copying contacts and mail is easy enough, but what about everything related to Android? Can anyone offer advice or experience?

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,
Sorry if there's a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find any really completed ones. Has anyone out there successfully migrated to a new Gmail account without losing everything Android related? Like a few people I know, I made a Gmail account a few years ago before android was this big and (like the naive child I was) didn't make a very professional email address. I was wondering if anyone could giving me advice on migrating to a new Gmail account I created. Copying contacts and mail is easy enough, but what about everything related to Android? Can anyone offer advice or experience?
Under "everything related to Android" I presume you mean apps. If yes, then you have to log in to your new gmail and download each apps again.
You can only transfer Contacts,Calendar, Tasks (but thats sorted as you said).

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Also, you won't be able to transfer paid Apps tied to your current account to the new account. You can see a list of all the Apps installed via the Play Store (desktop).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech