1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    ROM
    6.7.2233 ICS leak

Default Migrating To a New Gmail Account

Hey everyone,
    Sorry if there's a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find any really completed ones. Has anyone out there successfully migrated to a new Gmail account without losing everything Android related? Like a few people I know, I made a Gmail account a few years ago before android was this big and (like the naive child I was) didn't make a very professional email address. I was wondering if anyone could giving me advice on migrating to a new Gmail account I created. Copying contacts and mail is easy enough, but what about everything related to Android? Can anyone offer advice or experience?
    - "I'm too weird to live, but much too rare to die." - A7X.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: Migrating To a New Gmail Account

Quote Originally Posted by KPCallahan View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry if there's a thread about this somewhere, but I couldn't find any really completed ones. Has anyone out there successfully migrated to a new Gmail account without losing everything Android related? Like a few people I know, I made a Gmail account a few years ago before android was this big and (like the naive child I was) didn't make a very professional email address. I was wondering if anyone could giving me advice on migrating to a new Gmail account I created. Copying contacts and mail is easy enough, but what about everything related to Android? Can anyone offer advice or experience?
    Under "everything related to Android" I presume you mean apps. If yes, then you have to log in to your new gmail and download each apps again.
    You can only transfer Contacts,Calendar, Tasks (but thats sorted as you said).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Migrating To a New Gmail Account

Also, you won't be able to transfer paid Apps tied to your current account to the new account. You can see a list of all the Apps installed via the Play Store (desktop).
    Thanked by: