Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Android 4.3 makes phone unstable - how do i roll back (Boost Mobile)

Hi, I've had 4.3 on my phone now for about a month. It is horrible, phone freezes a lot, and run very slow. Is there a way to roll back to the previous version?

Global Posts
    21,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Android 4.3 makes phone unstable - how do i roll back (Boost Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by borchunechemya View Post
    Hi, I've had 4.3 on my phone now for about a month. It is horrible, phone freezes a lot, and run very slow. Is there a way to roll back to the previous version?
    Welcome to the forums.
    What phone do you have?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Android 4.3 makes phone unstable - how do i roll back (Boost Mobile)

Thank you...

I have Galaxy S3 (Boost Mobile)

Global Posts
    21,566 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by borchunechemya View Post
    Thank you...

I have Galaxy S3 (Boost Mobile)
    Try clearing cache in recovery. Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    B. Diddy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Still not working good. Back to my original question, how do I roll back??

Global Posts
    4,230 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

"Roll Back" implies that the update saves the old version, then replaces it. It doesn't. It writes over the old version.

If you want to go to an earlier ROM, go to Firmwares | SamMobile put in your phone's model number and see if they have any 4.2.2 or 4.2.1 ROMS for it. Download the ROM and install it (via Odin).

When you get notices to update, long-press the notice until the Apps info button appears, press that and clear cache and data. Then you won't be bothered to update for a while.

The S3 4.3 update is probably the single worst piece of firmware ever written (and I'm including Vista in this contest). There are probably more bugs than their are people who have updated their S3s. Wait until a new update comes out, and S3 owners say they're satisfied with it, or until a 4.4x update that people like comes out. (My 4.3 Note 3 doesn't get updated until lots of people are running it and love it.)