Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 , Android 4.3 , Gallery issue

Hey guys,

First of all thanks for taking the time for reading this post.

About a week ago I installed the version of 4.3 Android to my Samsung Galaxy S3. I noticed a few changes. One of them is that my gallery has changed. In the previous version I could go to an album and see like 12 pictures at the same time. Now I have the problem that I can only see three, and in order to see other pictures I have to scroll down.

My brother and sister also have the S3 and the new upgrade but they can still see like more pictures at the same time. I also noticed that when I open my gallery, at the bottom I see this:

< (gallery icon) Camera ( amount of photos) and on the right the camera icon. While the devices from my brother and sister also show the icon of making an album/map)

How come this is different? I believe there must be something wrong.

Hopefully someone can help me. Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 , Android 4.3 , Gallery issue

Really cant find a sollution, somebody?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by S3Android43 View Post
    Really cant find a sollution, somebody?
    Go to Settings - Applications - Gallery and clear cache, that should help for the issue. I don't know what would have caused it, perhaps there are galleries with no images but still taking space? A little on the unlikely side, but still possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Go to Settings - Applications - Gallery and clear cache, that should help for the issue. I don't know what would have caused it, perhaps there are galleries with no images but still taking space? A little on the unlikely side, but still possible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Already tried this =/ . What else can u advise?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I still dont know how.. can someone help me?

yes me too.. ive got the same issue.. while checking on my friends phone they can scroll their pics at 12 images per scroll while on my device i can only scroll up to 3 images per scroll unlike with the old os 4.2.2.. gawwwddd can someone tell us what to do.. i already tried clearing the cache.. and it doesnt work..

Same issue here. Galaxy S3 recently updated to 4.3 via OTA. Now I can only see 3 big pictures at a time per folder, where as before I could see around 12. You used to also be able to swipe left and the album section would disappear showing even more pictures. Scrolling to the bottom of an album with alot of photos is very painful.

Funny thing is, I know one other person who has this issue and one who doesn't, all running 4.3. I'm thinking it may be specific to certain network operators. I'm on Ee (t mobile) in the UK. What about everyone else?

In the meantime I am using QuickPic app which is perfection, but I'd rather be using the stock gallery app. Bizarre!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmair23 View Post
    Same issue here. Galaxy S3 recently updated to 4.3 via OTA. Now I can only see 3 big pictures at a time per folder, where as before I could see around 12. You used to also be able to swipe left and the album section would disappear showing even more pictures. Scrolling to the bottom of an album with alot of photos is very painful.

Funny thing is, I know one other person who has this issue and one who doesn't, all running 4.3. I'm thinking it may be specific to certain network operators. I'm on Ee (t mobile) in the UK. What about everyone else?

In the meantime I am using QuickPic app which is perfection, but I'd rather be using the stock gallery app. Bizarre!
    I am also with t-mobile so maybe it willl be the provider. I did an hard reset though and it helped. All back to normal now.

Cool, thanks for letting us know. I will try it later today. When you did a hard reset, did it revert you back to an older version of andriod or did you stay on 4.3?
    Thanks.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmair23 View Post
    Cool, thanks for letting us know. I will try it later today. When you did a hard reset, did it revert you back to an older version of andriod or did you stay on 4.3?
    Thanks.
    It will stay on 4.3, the latest version you have installed. Just a tip but make sure you have a backup of you apps, fotos and contacts. You can easily do this with an google account. Goodluck with it!

Its really simple ...I had the same problem. Basically go to gallery and slide your finger over pictures to the left..so instead of you only being able to view 3 at a time all pictures wil be bqck to normal so u can view 10...only problem u have to do this evry time but its worth it! N yes its bcus of phone updatn software!!!! Hope this helps u!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Read below!