Data needed from water damaged HTC Desire

clc34

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Firstly thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have a water damaged phone and desperately hope I can retrieve some data - texts from my Dad who sadly died a few months ago.
The phone was dropped in water for 20 seconds. I immediately took battery, sd and sim card out. One hour later I placed it into a sealable bag of rice and left it there for 2 days. The phone had a cracked screen prior to being dropped in water but functioned fine. Unfortunately I think I turned phone on too soon and should have left it longer in rice. When I powered phone it switched on and for about 30 seconds the screen appeared to work, the screen then went blank. The phone turns on ok and I can hear it receiving calls and texts but as screen is blank I can not take calls or actively use phone. It has now been 4 days since water damage and situation has not changed. Previously I have never used HTC sync manager before but in attempt to retrieve data I downloaded it. Once the phone is connected to computer, sync manager is not recognising that phone is connected. However, if I go in to computers control panel the phone is recognised.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom? Are texts saved on SD card automatically? Should I take it to a repair centre? If so can anyone recommend somewhere near Manchester, uk.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ramonm2

Dec 23, 2010
ramonm2.blogspot.com
Re: Data needed from water damaged HTC desire

I believe on a desire they save automatically to the SD card. I would try an sd card adapter and try placing it in a pc.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Data needed from water damaged HTC desire

Text messages are generally saved on the same partition as they App you are using. In this case, it's likely the /system of the internal SD card. There's no way to recover those text, that I know of, from water damaged device. You can try a repair center, but that's probably not going to work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton