Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7: completely frozen?

Yesterday my one-month old Google Nexus 7 2013 froze completely, not responding to any touch and not even allowing me to power down by pressing the off-key. Eventually plugging it into my computer helped me regain control, but now I really would want to know, what could have caused this, how it could be prevented and what would be the best procedure if it were to happen again?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-12-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Default Re: Nexus 7: completely frozen?

Whenever an Android device freezes, it will usually power off if you press and hold the Power button for about 10 seconds. There are quite a few possible reasons for a device to freeze up--it usually has to do with some app that is malfunctioning on its own or conflicting with some other app. You could always try uninstalling recently installed apps to see if that helps, or uninstalling the app that was running when things froze.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks/ So there are no hidden tricks to power down the Nexus? I ask, because I did already try keeping its power button pressed for more than 10 seconds and that didn't seem to work at the time. Will indeed have to take a look at the installed apps.

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Hirazi Blue View Post
    Thanks/ So there are no hidden tricks to power down the Nexus? I ask, because I did already try keeping its power button pressed for more than 10 seconds and that didn't seem to work at the time. Will indeed have to take a look at the installed apps.
    No hidden tricks, just hold the power button down until it powers off and it's good. If there is anything you recently installed when the issue started the take a look at that app. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Only because I owned an unruly eBook reader that would occasionally freeze up completely and weirdly enough would unfreeze when connected to my PC, I had the idea to use this little unexplained trick on my Nexus as well, otherwise I'd probably still be stuck with a frozen Nexus. That's why I asked for another workaround as going to my PC for each and every freeze seems a bit tedious (especially when already in bed!).