How to change my backlight timeout?

android jack

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem when no matter what I did the screen would dim, then I noticed it might of been the backlight. So the backlight would turn off or dim after 15 seconds instead of shortly before the screen would turn off. How can I fix this?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Trisman

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Backlight turning off

The dimming after 15 seconds can sometimes be disabled by switching power-saving off, but it depends on the device.
On my Samsung S3 and various tablets it's a 'feature' that can't be got rid of in settings!

However, there is a handy app called Stay Alive! which:

A. actually works and;

B. it's free!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Backlight turning off

So it sounds like you have a Rezound--you might consider posting in that device's forum here: Verizon HTC Rezound - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Screen dimming like that can be due to Auto-Brightness, where the light sensor senses how much ambient light there is, and adjusts the screen brightness accordingly. In a bright room, the screen will dim. If the light sensor is blocked by something like a screen protector or case, or if there's a lot of grime overlying the sensor, you might get inappropriate dimming.

The power saving feature is a good thought. From what I could find on the web, that feature was hidden in the Rezound after the ICS update. However, if you install the Hidden Settings app, you're supposed to get access to it.