At the recommendation of B. Diddy I am going to give this subforum a shot to see if any of you fine people can help me out. I have a little over a day remaining to get the last few issues adjusting to Android ironed out (I got the sweet extended return holiday policy to test out the jump from iOS to Android to the upmost) before I give up and run back to the imothership. I really like this phone and I expect my enjoyment to grow as I get more accustomed to the device and OS, but it is a daunting task to get the thing set up like I would prefer. The only two that I really want to get solved to some extent are the first two items.
- I tried getting the Google Voice VVM solution integrated, but it doesn't work completely. I cannot get voicemails to play from the dialer. I suspect this is due to the VZW pay-per VVM, but I have no idea how to go about defeating whatever they may have changed to make the Google solution inoperative. I am hesitant to try a 3rd party solution as I don't understand how they would handle my data. Is that a legitimate concern? Are there better solutions than the Google Voice VVM?
- I really dislike how the stock email app strips out the CSS of emails, which from my reading is apparently how they determine that you are on a mobile device and scale the email appropriately. The shocking thing is that no one seems interested in either advertising that they solve that problem in their apps, nor do the reviewers in forums or on sites. Is there an email client app
- The stock messaging app seems to struggle with group text conversations. Every so often the text will spin out of the group section and go to the individual person's text folder. It has also happened a couple of times on outgoing texts. Is there any thing I can change to fix that problem, or another app that will serve me better than the stock message app?
- Has anyone done the Spotify .apk hack to include the 1.3 AVRCP capability of pushing track info through BT streaming? I have , that makes it seem legit. Are there any concerns to be aware of by doing something like this?
- Then as the last aspect I am considering from the more security conscious users I am curious if there are any other things I should enable or change on my device. I have set up the lock screen, encrypted the phone, enabled administrator from my email and the android device manager. There seem to be several different unnecessary apps and bloatware things on the device, and I know that I can't get rid of them without rooting the phone, but is there a good place to get a list of things that you can/should remove and then a list of things that you cannot/should not remove? If/when I decide to root my phone I want to make sure I don't make a whole mess of work for myself to correct my mistakes.
If there is anything else that you all feel is valuable information I'm game to read it at this point. I've been cram-reading for the past few weeks trying to get this little guy set up like I want and I don't have the gumption to keep searching on my own. Please help!
Portions of this page are modifications based on work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project
and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License. AndroidCentral is an independent site
that is not affiliated with or endorsed by Google.