Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default mirroring screen between phone and tablet

Hi, i have been trying to figure out how to screen mirror between my samsung galaxy note 3 and my samsung galaxy 10.1. What im trying to acomplish is that i want to watch movies i have downloaded, thru google play, on my phone on my tablet for a bigger screen. I have sprint for my phone and my tablet has no service. Where this connection needs to happen is in places with little or no service. And before you say just download movies to my tablet when im hooked to wifi, i have. My tablet only holds 3 movies at a time, while my phone holds more than 10. Please help, any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: mirroring screen between phone and tablet

I'm not sure there's a way to mirror from a phone to a tablet like that, though I agree it really seems like there should be.

It might take a little while, but you can try using S Beam to transfer the movies from the phone to the tablet. Then just delete movies from the tablet if you need more room.

It's probably possible with DLNA as well. You'll need to make your phone a WiFi hotspot and connect to it with the tablet to get that done.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Ok i kinda figured that but it doesnt hurt to ask. Wasnt sure if some made an app that makes that possible. My tablet doesnt even have sbeam, it has something called "all share cast". How would i go about setting up a DLNA? Step by step please, ive never done it

i got both apps for phone and tablet but cant see the option to do what the video shows. how do i do this?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I'm looking for an app that'll do the same thing. I circumvented Sprint's $30 tethering fee (I have unlimited data for a reason, it's not as is tethering to my laptop somehow makes my sketchy 3G signal somehow get faster, they just wanted the fee or the privilege, nothing more) by rooting my phone and installing WiFi Tether Trev E Mod and had been using it without a single issue for 2+ years...tethering to my laptop (which is hooked up to my TV), an Android dongle (also on my TV) an/or to my Android-based car stereo/tablet. They're cracking down on his now, I refuse to pay their fee out of principle and the glaring fact that my signal at home sucks.

Now I'm trying to find a way to mirror my phones screen to my tablet. I installed and am using ScreenShare (found on the Play Store) this evening, and while it's nice in that it allows me to surf the web via my tablet, I'm only allowed to operate within the parameters off the apps programs...getting onto the internet through it's browser, viewing pics/videos/documents through it's viewer, but I'm looking for a true mirror app.

I don't have WiFi at home anymore (unlimited isn't so unlimited after all), so I need something that'll operate via Bluetooth, WiFi direct (my tablet doesn't have that though) or whatever it'll take so I can mirror my phone to my tablet so these two devices communicate, be it if I'm at home or driving down the road. Any other suggestions?

Have you tried side sync from Samsung?

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

That uses Wi-Fi or USB only. As stated above were both trying to do this without Wi-Fi and over Bluetooth only.

I've installed MyMobiler that runs through USB to my laptop but it's like watching a 50's cartoon with all the frame skipping no matter what cord I use.

This app states very clearly that it does NOT have a remote desktop or mirroring function. So I don't know if you're just playing a video on both devices or what, but this shouldn't be possible. I'd be really interested to know how you did it.

Hi,
    The Airplay mirror app you mentioned, where can I download it? What is it called in the Playstore?
    If the screens are shared as per your video, could you interact with the tablet and phone interchangeably or does the touch controls only work in one direction?