Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default stock email app issues

Hi there, I'm using the stock mail app on my Z1 and have four email addresses linked into it.
    Since the very start I have had issues with it getting 'confused' as to how many emails are actually there.
    Mail is handled either on my phone or via windows live mail on my windows 7 desktop.
    All accounts are set to Pop3 rather then IMAP so I don't delete anything until I'm done with it for sure on either device. (Some mail is kept in other folders on my PC but not on my phone)
    At the moment my phone shows 2 in one address and 1 in another but there is no mail. In the past, the only way to clear this is to delete the account and start again - it's a pain.
    The notification on the home screen also shows thew total including these 'ghost emails'
    Any thoughts much appreciated.

Default Re: stock email app issues

Quote Originally Posted by stewarta13wsb View Post
    Hi there, I'm using the stock mail app on my Z1 and have four email addresses linked into it.
    Since the very start I have had issues with it getting 'confused' as to how many emails are actually there.
    Mail is handled either on my phone or via windows live mail on my windows 7 desktop.
    All accounts are set to Pop3 rather then IMAP so I don't delete anything until I'm done with it for sure on either device. (Some mail is kept in other folders on my PC but not on my phone)
    At the moment my phone shows 2 in one address and 1 in another but there is no mail. In the past, the only way to clear this is to delete the account and start again - it's a pain.
    The notification on the home screen also shows thew total including these 'ghost emails'
    Any thoughts much appreciated.
    I forward all my emails to my outlook email, this saves email addresses and battery life as exchange supports push instead of sync.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk