Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Use a mobile device to act as a monitor for my Galaxy Note 2

Really wanting this to be possible but can't find anyone who has done it. I want to use my Galaxy Note 2 as my video camera. Then use a 2nd portable handheld device (like another phone or tablet) to act as a monitor so can see what my Note 2 is filming. I would like to know if this is possible somehow either wired or wireless.

Could I purchase a small portable router like the TP-Link router. Then connect it with usb to my Galaxy Note 2. Then create a wifi connection that a 2nd wifi device can connect to (like an HTC One or tablet). Then use an app of some sort to see what my Note 2 is filming? I have found the team viewer app but I think is only for mobile to pc. Any ideas, suggestions on how to use a mobile device to act as a monitor for my Galaxy Note 2 would be greatly appreciated.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Use a mobile device to act as a monitor for my Galaxy Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1234567 View Post
    Really wanting this to be possible but can't find anyone who has done it. I want to use my Galaxy Note 2 as my video camera. Then use a 2nd portable handheld device (like another phone or tablet) to act as a monitor so can see what my Note 2 is filming. I would like to know if this is possible somehow either wired or wireless.

Could I purchase a small portable router like the TP-Link router. Then connect it with usb to my Galaxy Note 2. Then create a wifi connection that a 2nd wifi device can connect to (like an HTC One or tablet). Then use an app of some sort to see what my Note 2 is filming? I have found the team viewer app but I think is only for mobile to pc. Any ideas, suggestions on how to use a mobile device to act as a monitor for my Galaxy Note 2 would be greatly appreciated.
    well i haven't tried it yet but i guess yes you can use your galaxy note camera as a webcam this can be done by installing an software name Smart Cam PC application. Hope it works for you !!

Global Posts
    4,163 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Use a mobile device to act as a monitor for my Galaxy Note 2

IP Webcam will also work. I've used it to watch the inside of my detached garage from inside the house.